sal s
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 29, 2012
Chicago
03/14/14 04:29 PM (10 years ago)

Background Image not showing on Menu Button as Home screen

Hi all, I tried looking through other posts and saw nothing exactly like this. I tried some suggestions from other somewhat related posts, but to no avail. Hoping you guys can help me figure this out. I am using the Buzztouch.com hosted site for my app. I have the splash screen working for a background image I made. I am trying to use the same image on my home landing page as well. The home page is a Menu Button screen. I have background color set to transparent (clear) and the same background image from my splash page as my background on my home screen. The image was uploaded to the buzztouch.com site as well as the eclipse project in the res -> drawable folder. I selected the image as the background on the Menu Button screen (same as the splash screen). I made sure to set the screen as my main page (post splash) as this menu button screen. I've saved everything and no errors in eclipse but yet when I bring up my device emulator the app loads, I see my custom splash screen, then when going to the menu button home page, the background is white. the background image is not there. I am able to change the background color on the home menu button screen no issue. I can add buttons and all so I know I'm working in the right screen. I just can't get the darn image to show. Ive tried images of size 480x800 as well as 640x960, both full screen and for both small and larger displays in Buzztouch. Both files are .png's, the image files have no spaces or odd characters other letters and numbers. The size of the .png is between 115KB and 135KB depending on the image dimensions. I know apparently android is very pick about things, I read something about DPI and dimensions, but I dont completely have a handle on that at this point. I hope I was specific enough. If anyone could please help out I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

arkietechs
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 01, 2014
Jacksonville
11/23/15 11:13 PM (8 years ago)
I'm there now

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.