Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 71

Janeen
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 11, 2013
Southern Califo...
03/12/14 03:33 PM (10 years ago)

Advanced Quiz Plugin - Multiple rounds of questions?

Hello BT support group! I'm working on an advanced quiz, and I have some questions. Perhaps someone can lend me a hand: 1-I have about 500 questions - how can I set up multiple rounds? 2-I've got it set to serve up the questions randomly. Is there a way to make sure questions are not repeated until all 500 questions have been displayed? This is especially desired if there are multiple rounds of questions, or if the user exits then re-enters the app. Thanks for your help!

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
03/12/14 07:54 PM (10 years ago)
Each round will be a separate quiz. Set each quiz up so that the landing screen (continue button) sends them to the next round or quiz. The only way to make sure they don't repeat across the diffent rounds is to split the question bank up. If you have five rounds then split the question bank up so that there are 100 questions for each round or quiz. Something like this. Round 1: questions 1-100 Round 2: questions 101-200 Round 3: questions 201-300 Round 4: questions 301-400 Round 5: questions 401-500 If the user exits then returns to the app they are somewhat at the mercy of the iOS operating system. The OS will save their position for a period of time. But some point if the OS decides it wants the memory back that is storing the app position, it is going to take it and set the user back to the beginning.

Janeen
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 11, 2013
Southern Califo...
03/12/14 09:56 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the reply! So is each round of the quiz a separate screen? Should I then set up five screens that each use the Advanced Quiz plugin? And if I am storing the questions outside the app, I should have five separate groups of questions? One more question…. when I try to set and save the Finished Screen Nickname by taking it to one of my other screens, I get the following error: {"result":"error", "errors":"No screen found with the nickname entered for the right nav button"} Any tips on how I can get this to work? Again, thanks so much for your time and attention. I feel as if I work days to figure something out, then someone comes alongside me to help me work through a challenge and I move forward. It's like I have all these big brothers and sisters. I love it!!! Janeen

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
03/12/14 10:41 PM (10 years ago)
Yes, each round of the quiz is a separate screen. Yes, set up 5 screens that use the advanced quiz plugin. Yes, five separate groups of questions. For that error try changing the screen nickname at the top of the page. Then try setting the Finished screen nickname again.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.