MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
03/10/14 02:11 PM (10 years ago)

Signing apps and provisional

Hey, this is not like riding a bike. You don't do it for a while and you're frozen when you have to do it again. I added a new HDD to my mac, and reinstalled everything. I'm having lots of trouble with the code signing and provisional profile. 1. i know that on xcode 5 we now have a new field, Team. There I added my account. 2. In the build settings we now have a new filed called provisioning field. On xcode, going to accounts and refreshing my details, xcode seems to add development provisional to all my apps, managed by xcode. It does this automatically with no prompt. Is this normal? Now I have all my provisional profiles doubled. Some valid, some expired, and these new ones active and managed by xcode. Im unable to edit any of theses profiles. In Xcode in the code I then choose the debug provisional file and on the code signing identity, it shows up identities from profile blablabla and an iphone develop identity. Then I do the same for release, I select the profile form the list but then I get no identities from the profile blablabla... I don't know what to do more. Deleted, created tons of times... Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Miguel

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/10/14 05:12 PM (10 years ago)
I delete everything. Then I manually download the certificates and the Provisioning Profiles. In the Downloads folder, I then double-click on each file to get inserted into the Keychain or into the Provisioning Profiles folder. Then I select the correct items within Build Settings of Xcode. Also, go into your Xcode account and verify your Certificate is valid.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
03/10/14 05:41 PM (10 years ago)
Argggggggg.... Provisioning profiles, App IDs, Development/Distribution certificates.... That reminds me of nightmares! When I first started as a developer, didn't understand a thing, and got totally stuck. I'm glad I now understand it. Xcode 5, I find is a little weird. I do as Niraj suggests and just download each do the profiles/certificates manually. In Xcode 4.6.3, getting the downloads automatically was easy, but I can't figure it out in Xcode 5.

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
03/11/14 08:46 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks guys. Got it working. i think :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.