alohadev
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 28, 2013
Honolulu
03/09/14 04:59 PM (10 years ago)

Another View Controller - Plugin Not found error

Hey All, I'm still pretty new here. Making my 2nd app, just following the basics from the Tutorial. I read the other threads on this issue on the forum, and mostly it seemed that either: 1) the home screen was set wrong (I made sure mine is set to simple home menu) 2) BT_plugins and BT_images were not included in the project before compiling (I did that) I still get the following error when trying to run the app, no idea what to try next. Any help you could offer would be appreciated. Screen Shot https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tjxc6ox9s34tvz/Screenshot%202014-03-09%2013.48.50.png Thanks, Aaron

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
03/09/14 08:28 PM (10 years ago)
You've got the two correct symptoms listed. The first thing that comes to my mind is if you added a new screen (with a different type of plugin) AFTER you downloaded your project and dragged the plugins into Xcode. If that's the case, you can generate and download another zip file, and simply drag that one plugin folder into Xcode (without having to use a new project). -Chris

alohadev
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 28, 2013
Honolulu
03/09/14 10:01 PM (10 years ago)
Hey Chris! Thanks a lot for your response. It definitely wasn't the plug-in addition you mentioned, good idea to check that first. So that left me scratching my head. I decided to just try a different type of menu. I used the button menu instead of the simple list menu. And then suddenly, it worked fine. Strange. So, to test my theory, I deleted the Button Menu screen entirely and removed it from the build and once again, got the error message. For whatever reason in my setup, it seems that compiling a build without both menu plug-ins included breaks it. Am I the only one to experience that? Or maybe something is weird with my settings? Anyway, fixed, now I'm on my way. Appreciate the note. -Aaron

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
03/10/14 03:07 AM (10 years ago)
Ah... another thing to check is your "Layout" setting in the App's control panel. Always make sure that you have that set for the screen you want as you "home" screen.'' Sometimes if you add screens and delete screens, you may accidentally delete the screen that the app thinks is the home screen, and it will give you an error.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.