sal s
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 29, 2012
Chicago
03/11/14 09:36 PM (10 years ago)

BT_plugin_success.java error

Hi all, I'm brand new to the site and forum. 1st post. I've been beating my head in with a rock trying to resolve all my project errors and got it down to one. Followed all the google play instructions and all references. Manifest updated. looked good. Using BT 3.0. Project is android 4.0 14. I get the below error. case expressions must be constant expressions BT_plugin_success.java line 85 Java Problem Line is: //figure out what method... switch (itemId){ Line 85 --> case R.id.successImage: this.wobbleImage(); return; Help? Thanks much.

sal s
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 29, 2012
Chicago
03/11/14 09:43 PM (10 years ago)
Update, doing some more research, I found that converting the case to an 'if' statement using the eclipse quick fix tool may help. I did that and the error is gone. Just making sure that was right from you guys? Here is the new code: if (itemId == R.id.successImage) { this.wobbleImage(); return; Am I on the right track? Thanks again.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/11/14 10:39 PM (10 years ago)
I think it's odd that the success plugin would provide an error… Welcome to Buzztouch! Happy to see you aboard! Did you try just 'cleaning' the project to see if the error would go away? That was kind of a thing in BTv2, so I'm not sure if the same thing applies in v3; I haven't had that many issues. Also, make sure when you download your project that you've created at least one screen (in the link 'screens') and assigned a 'home' screen (from the link called 'layout'). Remember that you'll need to download a 'new' package each time you add a screen; one trick is selecting many plugins to download, so that they will be included whether you use them or not. This way you can add a screen without having to download more projects. A little more disk space, but easier to manage and a lot less hassle in the long run. And stop by and let us know how you're doing! Cheers! -- Smug

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
03/26/14 01:17 AM (10 years ago)
For what it's worth - I had exactly the same error today after a fresh BT 3.0 download from a self-hosted server. A google search of the buzztouch site led me here. Thanks for the fix! Cheers Darrel

SrikarSree
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 22, 2012
Bangalore
11/08/14 12:49 AM (9 years ago)
Still having errors with the new code, using BT 3.0, can anyone help

wva
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 11, 2013
drunen
12/02/14 05:04 AM (9 years ago)
im having the some problems. i loaded my android play lib in the project as described. i got 2 screens and linked them to the menu the build says as of ADT 14 the resource fields such as R.id.succesImage are no longer constants when defined in libary projects. convert switch to if-else. but if i do so ill get errors in other parts cause the code is no longer the same.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.