Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
03/10/14 11:31 AM (10 years ago)

iphone 4

I built an app with the deployment target is 6.0. The base SDK is 7.0. I recreated an app for a client that had buzztouch app from 3 years ago. I don't know what BT build it was. I created a new app with the same bundle identifier and uploaded to apple. all works fine. the problem is that when trying to refresh the old app on an iphone 4 it does not update to the new app. any thoughts on why a iphone 4 user would have to reinstall the app as opposed to a refresh to get the iOS 7 version on their device? I am trying to field this question for a client any thoughts? Joe Sprott Bodacious Media http://bodaciousmedia.com

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
03/10/14 01:06 PM (10 years ago)
Possibly different URL used different parameters for the config, the new config data has a few different things push notifications, and the context menu

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
03/10/14 01:11 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks. URL was the problem. Mucho Gracious senoir. That's pig latin spanish

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.