Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 6    Views: 82

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
03/07/14 09:01 PM (10 years ago)

PHP Authentication script for Login Screen (BT3 Hosted)

Does anyone have a link for an example of a PHP script to use for authentication with the BT Login Screen on BT Hosted App? Would like to use a Login ID that is NOT an Email Address... The idea would be that a promotion code that could be sent out that enabled multiple users to log into the app with the same Login ID (and not require an email). I realize that the PHP script would be simple, but have not written one yet. For example: ========= Control Panel JSON ==================== "labelLogInId":"ID", "labelPassword":"Password", "dataURL":"http://www.mysite.com/authenticate.php?&logInId=[userLogInId]&logInPassword=[userLogInPassword]" ================================================= userLogInId Discounts logInPassword MarchSavings ================================================= Also- why would script need to return userEmail as in 1.5 Docs? If the login was successful, docs say the script must output exactly this result: {"result":{"status":"valid","userGuid":"uniqueIdOfUser","userDisplayName":"display name of user", "userEmail":"[email protected]"}} =================================================== Thanks!

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
03/10/14 08:04 PM (10 years ago)
Does anyone have a sample script that they use?

Weidies
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 13, 2014
Pretoria, Gaute...
03/11/14 12:36 PM (10 years ago)
Hi NCbuzz It seems that you may have a better idea of the login than I, maybe you can help me? I'm still very new at all of this. I would like to put a login on a menu with two options, one for clients, the other for guests. I get the app to show message of "login is required" but not to ask for username and password. I'm using the BT BD panel for authentication. What am I missing or not doing or not copying or still need to create! Do you maybe have a sample of the entry level, for me, code? Thank you.

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
03/11/14 04:25 PM (10 years ago)
Did you add a "Login Screen" PlugIn to your App? Once that is added, the Screen or menu item that you want protected by a Login can reference that screen in the BT Control Panel. Hope that helps.

Weidies
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 13, 2014
Pretoria, Gaute...
03/12/14 05:12 AM (10 years ago)
Hi NCbuzz I think I must start from no. 1. I do have Login Screen Plugin, and it shows the message that it is protected, and I did say login required and the menu button I like to protect. But how do I get it to promp/ask for Username & Password. What am I missing? Thank you for your reply.

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
03/12/14 05:16 PM (10 years ago)
When you open the LogIn Screen Plugin in the Control Panel, there is a section: "arrowAuthentication URL, Login / Password labels". Did you select "Authenticate with control panel"? After clicking, you will notice the entry created. Then hit "Save", which will save the JSON data.

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Reg: May 19, 2011
Louisville
04/04/14 07:32 AM (10 years ago)
NCbuzz, I'm having the same problem right now. I don't want use an email address for the user. Have you had any luck?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.