Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 70

eespverbatim
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 14, 2012
London
03/04/14 01:13 PM (10 years ago)

6.1 Xib Menu & Nav Bar

Hi Everyone, Just wrapping up on a new app, testing as I go, everything looking awesome, ready to upload....and then I looked at it on iOS 6.1. Would love to know if any one has any insight on the following issues: 1. I've been using the Xib Menu plugin quite a bit. I ditched the button background images in Xcode, leaving the buttons blank or 'invisible' and using text labels in white font colour as 'buttons'. It all looks great and is working brilliantly, but in 6.1 the 'invisible' buttons show up on screen - as massive white boxes. 2. I customized my nav bar, changing the font colour and icons to white and the bar background colour to black. I set the status bar to hidden. Looking great, but in 6.1 the nav bar shows as white and looks ugly and blocky and is pushed down the screen below the imaginary, hidden status bar - which doesn't show, but a status-bar-shaped space appears in its place. Any ideas? Aaargh.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/04/14 02:47 PM (10 years ago)
iOS 6 Showed the buttons. iOS7 does not. I'd use a transparent png file for your button. It won't show in either version. Cheers! -- Smug

eespverbatim
buzztouch Evangelist
London
03/04/14 04:01 PM (10 years ago)
Good idea smug, I'll give it a try - any idea on the nav bar?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/04/14 05:23 PM (10 years ago)
Well, off hand I'd say the most 'likely' solution for this might be an 'if/then' statement testing for the version of iOS… if (floor(NSFoundationVersionNumber) <= NSFoundationVersionNumber_iOS_6_1) { // setup for iOS 6.1 or earlier } else { // setup for iOS 7 or later } Stolen directly from: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/userexperience/conceptual/transitionguide/SupportingEarlieriOS.html Hope this helps! Cheers! -- Smug

eespverbatim
buzztouch Evangelist
London
03/05/14 06:30 AM (10 years ago)
Cheers Smug - problem solved following your suggestions. The record for any fellow travelers down the road: 1. Blank png took care of 6.1 buttons display issue in .xib 2. Nav bar problem was created by changing the icon colour (not the nav bar background colour) for iOS 7. It span 6.1 out. Issue resolved by placing the following code in BT_viewcontroller.m starting at line 67: if (floor(NSFoundationVersionNumber) <= NSFoundationVersionNumber_iOS_6_1) { // setup for iOS 6.1 or earlier } else { // setup for iOS 7 or later self.navigationController.navigationBar.tintColor = [UIColor whiteColor]; } This achieved white nav bar icons to go with my black nav bar in 7, while leaving the 6.1 nav bar at default.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.