Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 1    Views: 60

javooooo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Sydney, Austral...
03/05/14 04:15 PM (10 years ago)

Login form using POST?

Hi guys, I'm trying to create an app that embeds a control panel - among other things. In order to make the app feel a little more native, I'm trying to get the login screen to be part of the app itself, rather than part of the webview. The software I'm using supports login over POST - here's an example of an HTML version of the form: <form method="POST" action="http://www.script.com/Login.aspx"> <table border="0"> <tr> <td>User:</td> <td><input type="text" name="USERID" size="20"></td> </tr> <tr> <td>Password:</td> <td><input type="password" name="PASSWORD" size="20"></td> </tr> </table> <input type="submit" value="Login"><input type="reset" value="Reset"> </form> Do you reckon this can be achieved natively in the app? After the user successfully logs in, it would then need to redirect them to a webview. I was thinking of using the BT login plugin, which led to a script that then sent the data to the actual software, but that seems a little tenuous. I'm sure there must be an easier solution! Thanks guys.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/07/14 11:37 AM (10 years ago)
Have not tried it, it's an interesting topic! Let us know how you sort it out. :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.