Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 70

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
03/03/14 08:29 PM (10 years ago)

Can the Tab Bar Utilities Plugin change the layout?

Hi All, Is this possible with the tab bar utilities plugin: Have multiple instances of this plugin, all which have different tab bar positions configured. Then the user could be presented with an option as to which one they like the best, then the instance of this plugin is called, and the new layout of the tabs is set. What do you think? Jake

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
03/03/14 10:10 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Jake, Unfortunately I don't think so. Tabbar utility requires that you set the single instance of it as the home screen, then you setup your true home screen within the tab bar utility screen control panel. I think if you created a second instance of it and tried linking to that screen, that the original screens tab bar would override it. Just speculation though. I like your thought process on using it that way though. Maybe chris1 will chime in to confirm, but I believe you can only use one instance of it. Of course, I'm sure you could modify the code with a bunch of if/else's when it gets to the part of actually drawing the tabbar, with the desired user layout options passed from another view... But I think it would end up being more custom code lines than original ones. ;)

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
03/04/14 10:48 AM (10 years ago)
This would take some work, but I'm sure it could be done. I haven't tried doing this - but see what happens if you load the Tabbar Utility plugin from a menu item rather than as the home screen. It might do the trick. If so, you could have a menu of different tabbars to choose from, or create any sort of screen to do that.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.