Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 81

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 06, 2014
Ibiza
03/01/14 07:19 PM (10 years ago)

How to remove the context menu?

Hi all, Here again asking for help :-) How can i remove the context menu with the "close", "quit app" and "refresh" options? After compiled the app is still displaying that menu. Thanks

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/02/14 12:41 AM (10 years ago)
That's built in to the BT core. If you 'really really really' want to remove them, I would suggest 'leaving the framework alone' and just removing those options you don't need. that way any plugins that utilize a context menu will still function. That said, the 'refresh data' menu is created around line 947 of 'BT_fragment.java' the 'close' and 'quit' menu options are located around line 977 of 'BT_fragment.java' just comment them out, and they won't be there. The way it works is, the 'refresh data' menu item is added, any subsequent 'plugin specific' items are added, and then the 'close' and 'quit' items are added. Cheers! -- Smug

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
03/02/14 02:27 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks Smug! I want to remove them because they are useless on this app (is an offline app). Maybe the quit/close option can be usefull but not the the "Refresh" option (and i need to translate the menu). Do you know the difference bettween quit and close? For me both close the app. Regards

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/02/14 02:30 AM (10 years ago)
I'm not 100% sure, but my 'guess' would be one 'closes' the app into the background, and one 'stops' the app and it's processes. But that's merely a guess. I haven't snooped that deep into it. Cheers! -- Smug Oh and for Translation/Localization, be sure to check out http://whitebuffalomobile.com/Localization/localization.html

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
03/02/14 02:38 AM (10 years ago)
Nice resource!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.