Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 2    Views: 88

Alex@TM
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 20, 2011
London, UK
03/01/14 05:09 AM (10 years ago)

Charging to be in an app...

Has anyone tried this or know if there is any reason why it cant/shouldnt be done? I have an idea. I'm obviously not going to explain too much, suffice to say the app will kind of be a clustering of functions (retail specific). So, the app will be free with lots of content around the subject. Its function is to group together stores. It is fairly niche so the stores benefit by the exposure to the app store and being lumped in with the bigger stores. The idea is that the app is free with no ads. The retailer will pay me a small fee for being contained within the app. More money, better position, more exposure, etc. They can also add exposure via push notifications which again will cost them. This obviously requires a lot of upselling but the world is my oyster and with nothing currently on the app store doing the same it has potential. The question, after this incredibly long winded rambling is, is this form of selling alllowed within an app? Thanks!

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
03/01/14 06:56 AM (10 years ago)
It is. You'll probably want to handle sales on your website, though, rather than in the app. If you do it in-app, Apple will likely want 30% as it relates to app content/functionality. Take a look at Stripe for payment processing. And be prepared for a fair amount of work to get it all done. ;)

Alex@TM
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 20, 2011
London, UK
03/01/14 07:08 AM (10 years ago)
I was going to produce a media pack an have the payments processed directly to the business account. The app is essentially an advertising magazine that happens to be electronic as opposed to being dropped through your door, with the beneffit of miles more interactivity, content and potential customers than a mail shot :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.