Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 06, 2014
Ibiza
02/27/14 05:44 PM (10 years ago)

what changed on BT? Errors importing code since yesterday

Hi all, Since yesterday something has changed on BT. The project zip files are different and when i import the code on eclipse i get this error: http://s7.postimg.org/jn6pe8dtn/bt01.jpg As you can see on this image i have added the google play services lib: http://s10.postimg.org/4yc1gds3t/bt02.jpg Anyone knows what is happening? Thanks

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
02/27/14 08:06 PM (10 years ago)
Are you sure the downloaded files are different, or did something change after you added the google play services lib? I'm not aware of any changes (not that I would be, David I'm sure updates the core regularly with small updates). Let us know if we can be of any help. David https://btmods.com/chat/

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/27/14 09:20 PM (10 years ago)
Buzztouch did just make a change to the manifest file that solves a problem we've had with respect to Google Play Services. In your Problems tab, what is it saying? I'll download a recent project tonight and see if I can figure out what's what. Mark

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
02/28/14 12:13 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Silvia, I just downloaded a fresh BT v3 package, and it compiles just fine. The fix that David put in for the Google Play stuff in the manifest file seems to be behaving itself. I'd recommend that you verify you have the latest Google Play Services downloaded and linked, and that you have the Android 4 API selected. If that's all well, make sure you do a Project > Clean to ensure any bad stuff is cleared out. If there are still problems, let us know what you see in the Problems tab. Mark

Ed
Apple Fan
Reg: Jul 05, 2012
Wellington
02/28/14 12:18 AM (10 years ago)
Scarey. I have an urgent fix to do on an app, get those errors. I checked by re-downloading other apps that I know are fine and now produce this error.

Ed
Apple Fan
Wellington
02/28/14 12:28 AM (10 years ago)
Double checked and yes cleaned in eclipse. Current downloads of Android are generating 90+ errors that they weren't doing yesterday. Drat. Newspaper review of App going to print, and as I published last updates, App broke. Can someone review please?

Ed
Apple Fan
Wellington
02/28/14 12:33 AM (10 years ago)
Double checked and yes cleaned in eclipse. Current downloads of Android are generating 90+ errors that they weren't doing yesterday. Drat. Newspaper review of App going to print, and as I published last updates, App broke. Can someone review please?

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 12:49 AM (10 years ago)
Hi all, @MrDavid I am sure, something has changed. File sizes are different and now the file google-play-services-remove.jar is not included, and maybe other changes. By other way, this is my third App. The other two i don't have problems in my workspace but if i redownload the code of one of that apps, they have errors and the zip files are different. Bye other way there are more persons with the same problem: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=CD0E58538503AD04918F86C @GoNorthWest As you can see on the images, i am using Android 4.0, Abou the google play services is the latest versión and is working fine with my other two BT apps and with more than another 10 non-BT apps. Is wrong ONLY with the new project downloads. I have a download from the past week and works fine, but the download of this week dont' works. Conclusion: there is something wrong in BT, not on my computer.

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 12:51 AM (10 years ago)
I forgot to paste the problems tab :) Description Resource Path Location Type R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 270 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 302 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 383 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 659 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 667 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 657 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 658 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 634 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 656 Java Problem error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@integer/google_play_services_version'). AndroidManifest.xml /oraciones line 66 Android AAPT Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 125 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 602 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 1154 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 1268 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 705 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 715 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 680 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 704 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 523 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 125 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 515 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 122 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 425 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 634 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 425 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 602 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 383 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 383 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 302 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 270 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 122 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 555 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 547 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 539 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 531 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 1268 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 715 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 1154 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 658 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 659 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 656 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 657 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 982 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 704 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 705 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 949 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 667 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 978 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_host.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 680 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 149 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 149 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 168 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 64 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 62 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 103 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 81 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 61 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /oraciones/src/com/oraciones line 60 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 598 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 64 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 664 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 81 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 664 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 61 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 695 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 62 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 555 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 569 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 60 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 581 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 590 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 523 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 531 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 539 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 547 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 383 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 149 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 425 Java Problem error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@integer/google_play_services_version'). AndroidManifest.xml /Comparapuestas line 66 Android AAPT Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 168 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 425 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 103 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 515 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_activity_start.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 149 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 846 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 846 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 850 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 850 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 823 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 819 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 843 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 823 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 789 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 789 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 819 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 816 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 782 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 695 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 785 Java Problem R cannot be resolved to a variable BT_fragment.java /Comparapuestas/src/com/Comparapuestas line 785 Java Problem

Ed
Apple Fan
Wellington
02/28/14 01:07 AM (10 years ago)

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
02/28/14 02:38 AM (10 years ago)
Why does not Buzztouch let us officialy know what has changed and when!? If there is a need to re-download anything from the main site, I want to know. Also, there should be a version history available on the site so that everybody knows what has changed and when. Along with that information there should be a recommended course of action, what to do or whether you have to do anything at all.

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 02:39 AM (10 years ago)
I agree with Dusko

Ivelin
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 05, 2014
Alva
02/28/14 07:29 AM (10 years ago)
Mine was the same way, the only thing that they changed is that the google_play_libs is not added and linked to the project as it used to be. I went to the SDK Manager and I have noticed that google play services needed to be updated. Make sure you update your google play services then link it to the project and it should work.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
02/28/14 09:26 AM (10 years ago)
Here are the changes that were made in the last few days: * File version information was added to the AndroidManifest.xml file: <!-- File Version: 3.2: 02/24/2014 --> * The Android SDK requirement was changed in the AndroidManifest.xml file: <!-- app requires Android 4.0 or above on device --> <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="14"/> * This line was added to the AndroidManifest.xml file to deal with a compiling issue around the Google Play Services and version numbers: <!-- Google Play Services Your project must reference the Google Play Service library project. See http://developer.android.com/google/play-services/setup.html --> <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" /> * As a result of the above line, the stub Google Play Services JAR file was able to be removed. * The instructions-v3-android.pdf file was updated to reflect the new SDK requirement. I tested the new package last night, and was able to resolve every issue that cropped up. One thing that I think everybody should try, and which eventually cleared everything for me, is to clean the Google Play Services project IN ADDITION to your Buzztouch project. Since they are linked, it's best to make sure they're both clean. Give that a shot and let me know what happens. I assure you the new code works, so it's not out of the realm of possibilities that it's a problem with your configuration. Mark

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 09:52 AM (10 years ago)
Nothing new. My google play servces is updated to v15 and not working Using android v4,0 and google play services linked: http://s10.postimg.org/4yc1gds3t/bt02.jpg The instructions-v3-android.pdf file IS NOT updated to reflect the new SDK requirement (a least in Android). Tried to clean google play services at the same time, nothing new. I was doing a search on the forum and found a lot of people with problems. For example Ed now have a BIG problem with his App and zero support. I think this tool is not for me.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
02/28/14 09:57 AM (10 years ago)
If you would like, send me your zipped project files and I can give it a run through my Eclipse setup to try and figure out what's wrong. You can send it to MrkFleming at gmail dot com. Shouldn't take me too long to give it a run. Mark

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 10:08 AM (10 years ago)
sent!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
02/28/14 10:33 AM (10 years ago)
Got the files, loaded them right off the bat without a single problem. Didn't have to even clean the project. Produced an apk using debug keystore and sent it off. Makes me think this is environment related somehow. Let's keep working on it to get it resolved, but at least we know it's not a Buzztouch issue. Mark

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 02:56 PM (10 years ago)
I don't agree with you. I have sent the project to 5 members of a spanish coders fórum and all have the same problema. And there is more people on this thread with the same problem. Tried in macincloud.com too and still the same problem. Cannot be an environment problem because i have a lot of projects and all working, included 2 BT apps downloaded the past week (if i redownload that projects i have errors too). By other way, as i can see on this post and other posts from another members, that kind of fails are very usual on BT and the owners of the site never give a solution. I cannot trust in a solution who today is working and tomorrow stop working without reason. Look ad Ed's messages, he have a big problem for trusting on BT.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
02/28/14 03:10 PM (10 years ago)
I do admit that it seems weird. But I'm not sure how we can explain that it works perfectly for me...which I proved by sending you an apk generated from your package...and yet still say it's 100% Buzztouch. That's a bit inconsistent with the evidence. I absolutely agree that there are some issues with people getting it to compile, and we need to figure that out. I would disagree that these fails are usual...most of the failures that people report end up being procedural problems on their end. And since I've personally helped dozens of people out of those situations, I can attest to the accuracy of the statement. In any event...we've gotta figure it out! Mark

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
02/28/14 03:34 PM (10 years ago)
David Book recently updated the Eclipse project to remove the references to Google Play Services. You now need to manually add that reference in. Previously, there was the google-play-services-remove.jar file included with the project, which was a dummy file. That file has been deleted as it caused confusion. Now you will get errors when you import a file until you reference Google Play Services properly. My guess is that's what Silvia is experiencing. Try deleting your Google Play Services library from your Eclipse workspace and re-adding it. Then, add it to your project as normal (by going to project properties-->Android and adding it to the "Library" section at the bottom).

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 03:56 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Chris, As i said on this post, i know that there isn't a google-play-services-remove.jar file and i must add the google-play-services lib manually. Look: http://s10.postimg.org/4yc1gds3t/bt02.jpg Tried reinstalling, upgrading, rebooting, compiling with my left hand and while walking the dog! :-D I think you must understand my point of view. My environment is the same and is working with dozens of apps. And was working fine with BT. They made changes and stopped working, why i must think the problem is on my environment? I think there is more probability on BT problem.

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
02/28/14 04:10 PM (10 years ago)
I just downloaded an Android project from buzztouch.com, imported it into Eclipse, and added the reference to Google Play Services. All errors went away for me.

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 04:15 PM (10 years ago)
Maybe because you all are using Macintosh?

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 04:18 PM (10 years ago)
By other way, as i said, all the projects downloaded BEFORE this upgrade are working fine on my environment. If the only change done is to remove the Google Play Service library dummy file, why don't works now? And why the projects downloaded the past week are working fine? I am sure David (or someone) changed anything more.

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 04:40 PM (10 years ago)
Deleted this: <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" /> No more errors. I don't need Google Services for this app (is a very simple app). If some day BT is working fine i will return and i will be a member. Until that date i cannot lose more time with "X Files" errors. Thanks for all, you are very good people!

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
02/28/14 04:40 PM (10 years ago)
Interesting. As stated above I always run on a Mac but on seeing this thread fired Eclipse up on a Windows machine, downloaded a new project and was up in running in minutes, well maybe 15. I agree, horrid that you are having issues but really think this must be a local as opposed to remote issue. I have had this kind of error on ocassion with Xcode, I swear all is well and only after I remove files, frameworks and what does it magically happen, even as recent as last night. Loads of folk not having this issue so..... Back to looking. Stick with it Ibiza.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
02/28/14 04:52 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Guys, Everybody trying to help everybody. Everybody is "right" - it's just too darned confusing sometimes. All the different environments don't help, that's for sure. Some ideas: --Up until a few day ago, Android downloads included a "dummy" Google Play Service library. The purpose of this file was to prevent a bunch of compiler errors when people opened their projects BEFORE referencing the Google Play Service Library project on their machines. This worked OK but did cause some confusion. --Up until a few days ago, you were required to a) remove this dummy file. b) Reference the Google library project, compile. All was well. EXCEPT. The AndroidManifest.xml file in your project did NOT include this: <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" /> All sorts of issues arose from that being missing. BUT, issues only arrose on machines that were updated with the latest Google Play Services Library. In other words, if you had an older, outdated version of the Google Play Services Library on your machine, you did not need that in your manifest. If you had the latest version of the Google Play Services Library on your machine, you did. TODAY Your machine should have the The latest version of hte Google Play Services Library install. Your Eclipse environment should have a project called "google-play-services_lib" showing in the project explored. If it does not, you haven't yet added it as a reference project. If it does, you should be able to expand it and have a look at all it's files. The key file here, and the difference between the older Google Play Service library is in /google-play-services_lib/res/values/version.xml THIS FILE DID NOT EXIST IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE Google Play Services Library project. It does now. It's necessary. Why? Because the manifest line where it does: @integer/google_play_services_version is pointing to the value in that /google-play-services_lib/res/values/version.xml file. Additionally, your project should NOT HAVE A Google Play Services "anything" in the /libs folder. If you're adding it to your project in the /libs folder something is wrong. The latest version of Google Play Services does NOT use a /lib .jar file in your own project, it points to the on in the referenced project. This could be why the compiler is yelling at you. Steps, in order: 1) Download your project. 2) Open Eclipse. Make sure you see the google-play-services_lib project in your project explorer. If you do not, import the project as described here: http://developer.android.com/google/play-services/setup.html 3) Expand all the folders / files in this project. Make sure you have this file: /google-play-services_lib/res/values/version.xml if you do not you do not have the latest version of the Google Play Services Project on your machine. This is what the Android ADK Manager is for. It helps you get the latest. 4) After you're sure of that...import your project into Eclipse. When it imports it WILL SHOW compiler errors until you properly reference the google-play-services_lib project. After you reference it, Eclipse will do some clean up and the errors will go away. Like Mark and several others, I have downloaded lots and lots of project since this post began. Every single one of them compiles without any errors. Again, nobody is wrong here. We are all working through the same complexities that Eclipse + Android are. No need to lay any blame or whatever, it's just difficult sometimes to keep your machine up to speed and in sync with our project downloads. I'm sure you can get throught his :-)

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
02/28/14 04:56 PM (10 years ago)
I believe you that you're having issues. I'm not sure what the issue might be - only that it doesn't seem to be Buzztouch's code as others of us have had no problems with it. I highly doubt that it's a Mac vs Windows issue. Try copying the dummy file from another project into this current one and see if that helps?

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 05:08 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Chris, Tried without success. I think Ed have the solution, he had the same problem and was asking every 30 minutes but now is missing. I think he have solved the problem. I will try with a direct message, maybe he can help me.

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
02/28/14 05:25 PM (10 years ago)
@Dusko: You are very correct. Buzztouch users DO deserve to have a version list, and a better way to document any changes to the core projects. Believe me when I say that this is a very high priority for us, and something that should be implemented sooner than later. In the meantime, we certainly appreciate the tremendous support that our users provide for each other. It takes a village....

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
02/28/14 05:29 PM (10 years ago)
@Silvia SuperStar: Did you see my post about why this is happening? I'll assume so. It's a version issue. -No google library anything should be in your /lib folder. -look at your google play services reference project in Eclipse. Does it have the /values file I mentioned. d.

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 05:44 PM (10 years ago)
Hi David Where is your post? On your blog? On the forum? Thanks!

MacApple
Apple Fan
USA
02/28/14 05:45 PM (10 years ago)
The forum Ibiza lass, 3 above!

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
02/28/14 05:48 PM (10 years ago)
@Silvia. Scroll up four or five...on this thread...02/28/14 04:52 PM (55 minutes ago) d.

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 05:54 PM (10 years ago)
wow, maybe we were writing at the same time or something, i never saw that post. I will read it and will tell you. Thanks for all.

MacApple
Apple Fan
USA
02/28/14 05:56 PM (10 years ago)

Silvia SuperStar
Android Fan
Ibiza
02/28/14 06:20 PM (10 years ago)
Nice explanation David, thanks for taking that time helping me. I had updated my google play services library but after upgrading is needed to reimport the library or the file is not in values. Thanks for all to all. P.S. I still need help with this, maybe David have an idea. http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=5C64507DA1FD04BB726144E&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
02/28/14 08:47 PM (10 years ago)
@Silvia. Somebodies gonna get you through this. No doubt. It's turning into a global challenge. LOL. So, if you're saying that the file is not in the values folder, then compiler errors make perfect sense. Another little trick you could try...to see where this is going. 1) Remove the <meta> entry from the manifest. This will prevent anroid from looking for that /res/values/integer version number in the .xml file. 2) Clean the project and build again. Give the Eclipse Workspace a little to catch up (it's slow). The compiler errors should go away. All were doing here it making sure that the absence of that .xml file in the Google Play Service project is causing all of this. If the errors don't go away then it's safe to assume that the Google Play Services Project is not being referenced properly. All sorts of discussions about this online. You mentioned Windows. OK. This shouldn't matter but I guess it could? I tried this on Windows earlier, no issues. For sure this is NOT a code issue - at all. It's a compiler reference thing. Workspace: Get your head around what Eclipse calls a Workspace. This is nothing more than a location on your computer (a directory / folder) where Eclipse likes to copy all your projects to. I don't generally put my projects in Eclipse's Workspace and it works fine. BUT, I've heard that if your project is not in the Eclipse Workspace (whatever folder that is on your computer) AND you try to reference the Google Play Services thing, it can get ugly. Maybe... a) Copy your project to Eclipse Workspace. b) Copy the Google Play Services project to the Eclispe Workspace. c) Import the Google Play Services project into Eclipse (it's in Eclipse workspace folder now) d) Import your project into Eclipse (it's also in the Eclispe workspace now) e) Reference the Google Play Services project in your projects settings. f) Compile. If it works...smile. If not, post.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.