Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 39

Adnan Basra
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 26, 2013
Salmiyah
03/01/14 02:44 AM (10 years ago)

Rotating single screen in ios app... need suggestions

Hello, I have an IOS app on buzztouch with screens using plugins like BTA Design Menu, Youtube Playlist etc.,. The problem I am having is that when I rotate the whole application, the background images of the screens with BTA Design Menu become unequal to the screen size in the horizontal mode as the size of background image I am using is 320x480. Is there any way I could set rotation for only Youtube Playlist screen as I want app users to see videos in landscape mode. Any help in this matter will be highly cherished. Best Regards, Adnan Basra

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
03/01/14 06:10 AM (10 years ago)
The answer is: Yes, you can. (if you're willing to play around with the code a little bit). In the rotation logic, you can add a condition ("If" statement) that checks the screenType. You can then test if the screen that is loading is a certain type of plugin and rotate accordingly. It becomes a little tricky because you have to find this code to tweak depending on if you have a tabbed app, or non-tabbed app. The other option is to use a 480x480 background image on your menus that looks good when rotated. Hope this helps and gives you an idea where to start. -Chris

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/01/14 02:52 PM (10 years ago)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.