Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 6    Views: 97

Kristian_N
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 27, 2011
Copenhagen
06/26/16 02:28 PM (8 years ago)

Design Menu: Clear not working

Hi, As some of you may already have noticed, I'd had some issues with the BTA Design Menu. I now have gotten it to work, but have a strange issue: In one of the Settings: "Design Menu -List Layout, Color" under the point "Design Row Background Color" , I am instructed to use the keyword "clear" to get a transparent Row. However, this "clear" gives me a white background, which looks rather odd and stupid :) In all other settings "clear" works just fine and as expected. Has anyone an idea as to why this is happening? and maybe a cure ? Thanks in advance - all help is very much appreciated! Kristian Nielsen, Denmark

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/26/16 05:49 PM (8 years ago)
I don't have that plugin, but what you'll end up wanting to do is look through the plugin code (m file) for where it sets the background color. does it do anything at all? If so, then you can search for the json key. If changing the value in the control panel does nothing, then it may not be 'connected' to the control panel, and you'll have to search manually. But it'll be in the code somewhere... Good luck! Cheers! -- Smug

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/27/16 10:41 AM (8 years ago)
I admire your pesistence with theis plugin. I have it, but I don't use it either and I don't think the author PSMDanny is around much to chip in these days. I echo Smug's suggestion, I was wondering what happens if you don't enter any value at all? Cheers, Alan

Kristian_N
Code is Art
Copenhagen
06/28/16 12:04 AM (8 years ago)
Hi Alan, :) - I am also in the process of giving this plugin up :) The funny stuff is that if you use "stripes" or one of the #FFFFFF or #000000 it will actually show the right color. It is apparently the transparent keyword "clear" that doesn't work. - I'll probably use another plugin instead of this - I only wish other menu-plugins had the same feature where you can change fonts. Cheers, Kristian

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
06/28/16 01:05 AM (8 years ago)
Well, I said I didn't have the plugin. That was a lie. I have it. I don't use it, mostly because there isn't an Android equivalent, and I hate not having matching apps, lol! I haven't built a project around it, so I haven't fired up the code. But I did find that (almost) every color reference is set to 'clearColor'. Meaning, whatever color 'behind' that object is, is what shows through. I think Danny did that as part of the design concept, the way he describes it all can be found here: http://www.bt-addons.com/the-plugins-info/videos/the-design-menu.html But if you need to modify the code and change the colors, there is one reference in BTA_designMenu.m: line 141: titleView.backgroundColor = [UIColor clearColor]; and many more available in BTA_cell_designMenu.m line 50: [self.contentView setBackgroundColor:[UIColor clearColor]]; line 53: [cellBG setBackgroundColor:[UIColor clearColor]]; line 60: [imageBox setBackgroundColor:[UIColor clearColor]]; line 66: [cellImageView setBackgroundColor:[UIColor clearColor]]; line 73: glossyMaskView.backgroundColor = [UIColor clearColor]; line 79: imageLoadingView.backgroundColor = [UIColor clearColor]; line 95: [titleLabel setBackgroundColor:[UIColor clearColor]]; Those are set clear. Whatever is behind it, will show through. But if you want to change them, that's where you change them. line 161: UIColor *titleFontColor = [UIColor blackColor]; line 162: UIColor *descriptionFontColor = [UIColor blackColor]; Title Font Color is user settable. Defaults to Black. Description Font Color is user settable. Defaults to Black. Otherwise there is no other color settings 'in code' that I can see. Hope this can help things! Cheers! -- Smug

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
06/28/16 11:01 PM (8 years ago)
David (Mr. David) showed me this: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=F8E60270923DBAA9C4B3DB2 It'll probably solve your issue. Cheers! -- Smug

Kristian_N
Code is Art
Copenhagen
06/30/16 12:56 AM (8 years ago)
Thanks, Smug! - I'll dig into it and it seems like you are right about the solution. However, I am not sure I want to use the plugin after all this mess :) I think I can achieve almost the same effect with Susans "Menu with Image". Thanks! Kristian

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.