Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 76

mysterysolver
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 11, 2012
newyork
06/23/16 09:02 AM (8 years ago)

qr Reader

Hi i send message and email to Chris but without any answer. So what i want to ask is if we can the plugin to download another qr app from appstore so the plugin to work. Thanks in advance

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
06/23/16 01:44 PM (8 years ago)
Hi, I'm not quite sure what you're asking for here. Does the plugin not work, and if that's that case, what sort of error are you getting? Thanks, Mark

mysterysolver
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 11, 2012
newyork
06/24/16 09:38 AM (8 years ago)
REQUIRED FOR Android PROJECTS: Users will need to install a third-party QR Reader app to make this plugin work. When your app is run the first time, the user will be prompted to install this app (if they have not already done so), and directed to the page on the Google Play store for that app. It is a free app, and many users will already have it installed. Can we change this app that opens on google play ? Thanks in advance

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/24/16 11:14 PM (8 years ago)
Well, if the user doesn't have a QR Reader installed, they'll need to install one. Chris found a decent package that works, and is free. If you prefer to use a different QR Scanner, open up the "IntentIntegrator.java" file, replace the BS_package(s) with something you prefer. I haven't tried this; it may need more than what I've outlined, you'll soon find out for sure. Let us know. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.