Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 82

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
06/03/16 07:25 AM (8 years ago)

CATransition Animation Demo

Hi Everyone, I thought that some people on the forums may find this useful: I have made a small Core Animation Transition animation demonstration (with animated GIFs that each show the individual transitions and directions). CATransition is a simple way to incorporate nice visual effects into your app, as you can change several factors about the transition and apply it to a single object in the view. You can grab the open source code and view the animation demonstrations here: https://github.com/jakechasan/CATransition-Demo Jake

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
06/03/16 07:55 AM (8 years ago)
Hey there Jake. It's good to hear your voice! Does it make sense to incorporate the code into the core of a BT project? Perhaps in the appDelegate? (the picker code would be omitted of course and replaced by the Bt Control Panel and JSON) Thanks for sharing! -- Niraj

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
06/03/16 08:02 AM (8 years ago)
A request for an Animations tutorial. These are the kind where a small cartoon plane appears from the left side, flies along a path while twirling and gets larger as it lands on the runway. The current trend is to use those types of animations in the introductory screens of an app. I can also see uses for marketing of a product. Such animations provide the extra polish while giving a bit of insightful delight to the user. -- Niraj

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
location unknow...
06/03/16 08:16 AM (8 years ago)
@Niraj: I think that it would make more sense to incorporate it into individual plugins, because the animations work best when they are attached to individual objects. Jake

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
location unknow...
06/03/16 08:18 AM (8 years ago)
@Niraj: If you one of my latest apps, PanicPush, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/panicpush/id1071185214?ls=1&mt=8, you can see something similar with the life preserver on the initial launch. Is this similar to what you are thinking? Jake

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.