Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 71

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
03/22/16 02:24 AM (8 years ago)

Menu Buttons Plus updated, now with Android or iOS screen selection

I recently added a new feature to the Menu Buttons Plus plugin that allows you to have menu items that work for iOS only, Android only, both or none. I added 'none' as an option, because sometimes I find it useful to hide a menu item but not permanantly delete it. I have been testing it on a 'dual' iOS/Android app where I have the same feature working in different ways on iOS to Android - in my case an RSS screen. Existing users will find all menu items work on iOS and Android by default so you can upgrade and be happy you don't instantly need to change existing apps until you want to try this feature. I've released it to the market, it is now at version 1.2 and a free upgrade to existing users. Enjoy!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/22/16 04:54 AM (8 years ago)
Honestly dude, the 'none' option is probably the brightest idea of the year. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to keep something 'hidden' until later, without having to commit, or delete. Well done! Cheers! -- Smug

KozmoWeb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 08, 2012
Sarasota, FL
03/23/16 06:19 AM (8 years ago)
I'm definitely going to grab this. Sounds exactly like what I need for a current project. Thanks @AlanMac! William

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
03/26/16 05:14 AM (8 years ago)
cheers Al, I use your plugin a lot, on IOS and Android and works flawlessly on both. :) Sean

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.