Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 6    Views: 117

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/21/16 04:46 AM (8 years ago)

Save Time and filesize adMob in the BT_viewController

I just added 'adMob' into my latest iOS project, using the instructions found after a few searches in the forums, and noticed everyone was putting the code in the plugin... https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=BE13504D728DD566D5123B2 Therefore, if they have 20 plugins, they performed this procedure 20 times. At first I did it this way, but kept thinking that it was all just a subclass of BT_viewController. So I cut out all the code from my project, and placed the code in my BT_viewController. Now the advertisements are on all of my screens. Just a thought for your next project, If you're going to go that route... in BT_viewController.h add: @import GoogleMobileAds; // up top; near your #imports and @property (nonatomic, retain) GADBannerView *googleAdBannerView; // with your properties. in BT_viewController.m add: #define MY_BANNER_UNIT_ID @"ca-app-pub-XXXXXXXXXXX" // up top; near your #imports and @synthesize googleAdBannerView; in BT_viewController/viewDidLoad: int screenHeight = self.view.bounds.size.height; int screenWidth = self.view.bounds.size.width; guamflights_appDelegate *appDelegate = (guamflights_appDelegate *)[[UIApplication sharedApplication] delegate]; if([appDelegate.rootDevice isIPad]){ googleAdBannerView = [[GADBannerView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake((screenWidth / 2) - (GAD_SIZE_728x90.width / 2), screenHeight - (GAD_SIZE_728x90.height + 2), // - 88, GAD_SIZE_728x90.width, //(self.view.frame.size.width /2) - (GAD_SIZE_728x90.width / 2), GAD_SIZE_728x90.height)]; } else { googleAdBannerView = [[GADBannerView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake((screenWidth / 2) - (GAD_SIZE_320x50.width / 2), self.view.bounds.size.height - (GAD_SIZE_320x50.height + 2), GAD_SIZE_320x50.width, GAD_SIZE_320x50.height)]; } googleAdBannerView.autoresizingMask = (UIViewAutoresizingFlexibleTopMargin | UIViewAutoresizingFlexibleWidth); googleAdBannerView.backgroundColor = [UIColor clearColor]; googleAdBannerView.adUnitID = MY_BANNER_UNIT_ID; googleAdBannerView.rootViewController = self; GADRequest *myGADRequest = [GADRequest request]; [myGADRequest tagForChildDirectedTreatment:NO]; if (![appDelegate.rootDevice.deviceLatitude isEqualToString:@"0"]) { float gadLat = [appDelegate.rootDevice.deviceLatitude doubleValue]; float gadLng = [appDelegate.rootDevice.deviceLongitude doubleValue]; [myGADRequest setLocationWithLatitude:gadLat longitude:gadLng accuracy:appDelegate.rootLocationMonitor.locationManager.location.horizontalAccuracy]; } myGADRequest.testDevices = @[ @"546570c325268325abe58b4363689005", @"c130c74e36cb96e48456c14a8cc9d9f8", kGADSimulatorID ]; [self.googleAdBannerView loadRequest:myGADRequest]; [self.view addSubview:googleAdBannerView]; [self.view bringSubviewToFront:googleAdBannerView]; [BT_debugger showIt:self message:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"Google Mobile Ads SDK version: %@", [GADRequest sdkVersion]]]; Make sure your bannerUnitID is correct. Make sure your test device identification is correct. Otherwise, it should be relatively smooth sailing. Cheers! -- Smug Edit: if you want to get fancy, instead of placing this in 'viewDidLoad', you can alternatively place it in the BT_viewController "createAdBanner" method, and then use the "includeAds" json property of each individual plugin (if available) or just 'hotwire' (or disable) the code in the plugin.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
03/21/16 06:48 AM (8 years ago)
Great, many thanks for this piece of code!

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
03/21/16 09:02 AM (8 years ago)
Did you try the smart banner at all?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/21/16 12:59 PM (8 years ago)
I'm not smart enough. (Smart banner? what smart banner?) Cheers! -- Smug Edit: I may try a 'smart banner' later... for the moment, I'm just happy to get the regular one to work, lol!

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
03/22/16 10:24 AM (8 years ago)
Nice hotwire smug ;) Thanks

mysps
Code is Art
Palma
07/09/16 01:10 PM (8 years ago)
Also, now with Apple Ads gone its best to do the latter. I have added the code to directly to the BT_viewcontroller ad view section. //createAdBannerView Thanks Smug, makes things so much easier.

mysps
Code is Art
Palma
07/09/16 03:01 PM (8 years ago)
Also, now with Apple Ads gone its best to do the latter. I have added the code to directly to the BT_viewcontroller ad view section. //createAdBannerView Thanks Smug, makes things so much easier.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.