Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 54

DougJoseph
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 30, 2016
Stonewood
02/20/16 08:44 PM (8 years ago)

How do I make the app navigate to screen x? (iOS)

I'm currently working on an iOS app. How do I make the app navigate to screen "x"? Specifically, I want to have a user's "ok" to a Push Notification land the user at a specific screen instead of just always landing at the initial welcome screen.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
02/21/16 12:53 AM (8 years ago)
If you have previously created an screen called "Chapter 14" in the control panel, then you summon the next screen using a line like this: [self loadScreenWithNickname:@"Chapter 14"]; There also is a similar method called loadScreenWithItemId and to use it, you would grab the itemId for a screen (take it from the JSON below everything in the control panel for the screen) and put it in like this: [self loadScreenWithItemId:@"qwedfghyuj76juh"]; You can have a look at any list or menu plugin and in it you will see how the call to the next screen is constructed. Look for methods such as loadData or parseScreenData.

DougJoseph
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 30, 2016
Stonewood
02/21/16 02:19 AM (8 years ago)
Awesome! Thanks!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.