Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 71

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
02/11/16 10:39 AM (8 years ago)

Hi Guys Need Native browser instead of native view

Hi Im trying to make the url plugin in my android version open up the native browser when it launches, the url page is set to open a webpage that has an open function to upload photos, in apple it works fine, but when you try and open the function in android in webview nothing happens, but when you open the view in native browser all works great, so what im asking is how do i change the code in the url plugin in eclipse to use native browser as default. i have read that if i use webSettings.setDomStorageEnabled(true); this sorts it, but i cant figure out where to put it. thanks sean

krompa
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 14, 2013
Bristol
02/11/16 01:45 PM (8 years ago)
Sorry Sean, I can't help with this query. But please can you use a title that is relevant to your query? The main reason being that it will help others in the future who have a similar question. "Hi Guys Need guru help :)" won't be helpful to others. Rant over. Back to my anger management webinar.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
02/11/16 02:04 PM (8 years ago)
What does the LogCat say whwn you Press the button?

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
02/11/16 03:31 PM (8 years ago)
I have come across several situations where a browser works but a webview plugin doesn't. In those scenarios, I use the native app plugin https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=493F4DF5949089B978ADC7D Cheers, Alan PS - I always kook at a request for a guru, mostly because I am not one lol.

krompa
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 14, 2013
Bristol
02/11/16 04:39 PM (8 years ago)
> PS - I always look at a request for a guru, mostly because I am not one lol. Me too Alan, because I'm nosey. But in 6 months time, when a new BT member has the same problem as Sean, they won't be able to find this post and your helpful response if using the Advanced Search function on the BT forum.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
02/12/16 02:41 AM (8 years ago)
Cheers Guys, your right Krompa sorry about that, I should know better, :) and don't sell yourselves short, your all gurus to me if you help out in the forum, This place is where pre gurus like me solve all our code problems,Thanks Alan will try that out and cm will send you the logcat if Alans suggestion doesn't fix it. Thanks again guys Sean

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.