Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 1    Views: 102

arkietechs
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 01, 2014
Jacksonville
01/12/16 11:57 AM (8 years ago)

Home Button-Top Nav Bar-Back Arrow

In the buzztouch interface, in the layout section, you select the Home button to return you to the home page of the app. Here is the issue I have come across. I have an app that has a home page with button links. Those links (once clicked) go to another activity. A list view activity. This list is a list of URLs. It does not matter in what stage of the app I am in. I can be on the ListView page or the URL browser page. The button at the top left of the screen (action bar) is always a “Home” button. Even though the verbiage (text) to the side of the button changes depending on what activity/link I am in. It will always return me to the app home. This button needs to be a “Return To Previous Activity in the App” button. On an activity that opens a URL in the app, an action bar appears that has browser buttons on it. One is a back button. This back button does not navigate back upon clicking it. To explain it better. Upon the first app click that opens the URL. There is no history for the browser view to go back to. Once clicking on a few links in the browser window it will work fine. I would recommend upon going into the view (first click) the back button needs to either not be visible or be a back button for the app window not the browser window. How do I update this code? Where is it in buzztouch or is this an android studio edit like the "Their is no history" error? Thanks ps. Its not layout, layout is how it is currently set on all the urls. They all click back to the simple home screen button plugin no matter how deep down the screens go. If page 1 is home, and I'm five screens deep, when I click the screen menus name (upper left corner with app logo) it goes to the home screen plugin page 1 not back to page 4.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
01/13/16 05:23 AM (8 years ago)
Hi I had a bit of a problem visualising your issue, but if what you want is to be able to navigate back to the previous URL in a webview (e.g. when using the custom URL plugin), take a look at this tip from way back https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=E7E7E0B658D45393E7CD9B3&currentPage=1 If that isn't it, please post a graphic or two to make your issue clearer and also please say which plugins you are using. Cheers, Alan

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.