sarahk
Code is Art
Reg: Jul 16, 2014
Auckland
12/10/15 04:01 AM (8 years ago)

Xcode keeps referencing a file I don't want it to reference

I wanted to demo an app using a custom CMS to drive menu options and custom html pages so I chucked some code up quickly and it all looked ok to me - jsonlint agreed but xcode didn't. No worries, I'll do my demo with standard BuzzTouch and talk through my "vision". I then rebuilt the app and downloaded it, ran "clean", even rebooted my laptop, deleted the derived data subfolders and I'm still getting errors BUT the errors refer to an itemId from my version of config file, not the one it should be using. If I use spotlight to search for the string it says it's not in any file. If I view BT_config.txt in xcode it's as BuzzTouch generates it If I view both the design mode and live mode data config options they're both as BuzzTouch generates it How do I really clean xcode?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
12/10/15 05:29 AM (8 years ago)
<root drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/<appname>-<random> is where it lives, so if you've deleted those, then I don't think there are any more copies or cache hanging around. From time to time, when things got a little funky for me, and I wanted to push the big reset button, I would also delete the app from my device, or from the simulator. That also removes any appdata cached in whichever test environment you use... Cheers! -- Smug

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
12/10/15 06:27 PM (8 years ago)
You can reset the Simulator. That will delete all the files. -- Niraj

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
12/11/15 03:21 PM (8 years ago)
Sounds like the app is using cached config data to me. Removal from memory as Smug suggests is a good thing to try.

sarahk
Code is Art
Reg: Jul 16, 2014
Auckland
12/13/15 05:30 PM (8 years ago)
It finally came right, and when I switched back to my custom code it was ok too. Something obviously needed scrubbing. Thanks for the help!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.