Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 71

NicoRacing
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 25, 2013
Hyeres
12/16/15 11:38 PM (8 years ago)

Solved -- Why splash needs internet to work ?

Hi all, On Android-Studio, I noticed in the past a glitch on BT_v3 that if I leave the line "dataURL"https... in the BT_config.txt, the app would work normally with internet but would not start without internet connection. So since I don't really need it, I removed that line. Now the app works starts well with or without internet connection. However now I'm adding a splashscreen at the opening. It would not work without that "dataURL..." line in BT_config.txt. If i remove the line, the app works but jumps the splashscreen (I can see it's looking for it but then goes to the main activity). My splashscreen is set with a set image that is already loaded in the Drawable folder, so I don't see why it needs that internet connection. Any idea on how to make it work without that "dataURL" line in BT_config ? Cheers NIco

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
12/17/15 12:14 AM (8 years ago)
I would put the contents of JSON Data from the control panel to the BT_config.txt in the assets folder, just to be sure the app on the device knows everything it needs to know about itself.

NicoRacing
Lost but trying
Hyeres
12/17/15 01:26 AM (8 years ago)
Good idea. Cheers Dusko. Indeed there was a mismatch in the image name, silly me. However having checked it all, copied from the JSON, it still skips the splashcreen without the dataURL line. Everything works with the dataURL line. How can I make that splashscreen work by itself, without dataURL ?

NicoRacing
Lost but trying
Hyeres
12/17/15 01:35 AM (8 years ago)
Got it ! It was the Theme part of the BTconfig not calling for the splashscreen. Thanks for your input Dusko.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.