Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 49

Hansen
Apple Fan
Reg: Aug 20, 2012
Clive
11/23/15 07:14 PM (8 years ago)

Facebook pages feed will not connect

Trying to fire up the Facebook plug in on my simulator and iPhone device through Xcode. The page, when clicked gives me an error window stating “There was a problem downloading some data. Check your internet connection then try again.” Internet connection is great, other plugins in same ap are using internet connection well. Double-checked and I have the Facebook page ID set correctly as well. Any help as to what is wrong?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/23/15 09:06 PM (8 years ago)
I don't think that's a plugin problem. It might be, but there are also a few other things to check... 1) What does the log tell you. 2) Have you updated the BT_config.txt file in your project? 3) Did you recently add or remove any plugins from your project? You may want to download a fresh copy of the app if you did. That is usually the cause of the 'missing plugin' errors; a plugin was added 'after' the initial project download, and the code for that plugin is missing (regarding your other post). Check the above, and see if anything changes in a positive way. If not, let us know and we'll continue to work on it. Cheers! -- Smug

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
11/24/15 12:13 AM (8 years ago)
Facebook may not work for reasons outside of BT as well. They will occasionally change its algorithms, rendering older software obsolete. Fortunately, Facebook publishes the list of changes and dates when the changes took place. For iOS, see the changelog here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ios/downloads and for Android, see the changelog here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/android/downloads Compare when your Facebook plugin was written and which version it supports, that may shed some light on the situation too.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.