Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 52

zihatzik
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 25, 2015
nicosia
11/25/15 03:56 AM (8 years ago)

Import existing code

Hi all, the gave me the source of an app generated from buzztouch and i would like to some how import that code back to buzztouch and start working from buzztouch. Is that possible?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
11/25/15 10:54 AM (8 years ago)
Hi @zihatzik, Welcome to Buzztouch! I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here. It sounds like you're saying that somebody gave you the project files (source code) for an app that was created using Buzztouch, and you'd like to import that code into your control panel and use that as a basis for a new app? Is that correct? If that is the case, I'm not sure it's possible. There is an App Copier plugin, but it requires that you're running your own BT server, and also requires that the app already be located at BT.com or on your personal server. I'm not sure that there's a way to import a project package and have a new app created in the control panel. Mark

zihatzik
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 25, 2015
nicosia
11/26/15 12:04 AM (8 years ago)
Hi Mark, yes that is exactly what i want to do.

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
11/29/15 05:37 PM (8 years ago)
Should be doable but not without importing the database as well and probably some other files, depending on the plugins used.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.