Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 86

arkietechs
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 01, 2014
Jacksonville
11/09/15 01:11 PM (8 years ago)

Plugin Error with Xcode 7.1 on Mac 10.11.1

Thanks all and here is an update. I updated the Mac OS to El Capitan (10.11.1) I updated the Xcode to 7.1 (7B91b). I logged in to buzztouch and created a new application using the standard Home Screen Menu added only one screen with a Custom URL and an app logo. I published it as version 3.0 and downloaded the Xcode package. I unpack the zip, click on the project application to run and copy over the BT_Plugins and BT_Images folders. Once the simulator opens for iphone 6, it gives me the white screen stating that "Plugin not Found" and "Missing Plugin: the view controller for this project was not compiled in the Xcode project" What am I missing? The view controller appears to be in the xcode inside the BT_Layout folder. When I first joined Buzztouch, I built apps and had no errors and everything was heading on the up. Now after updated and changes, I don't even see the home button at the bottom of the simulator and I get about 15 errors on all my old projects that was created in version 2.0 or 1.0. Please help. Thanks so much.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
11/09/15 02:31 PM (8 years ago)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/09/15 04:33 PM (8 years ago)
I can only nod my head in agreement with what AlanMac has to say... And I applaud your issue description and procedures. If you've added/deleted plugins since the last project download, you may want to download it again, just to ensure that the plugin code does exist. the 'itemType' of the plugin corresponds to the Class name of the plugin, regardless of Android/iOS. If it cannot find a plugin, what it's telling you is that it can't find the class. Which is why Alan Mac (and I) wonder about how you copied it into the project. physical presence is not enough; the Xcode 'environment' has have those files in the project library, which is why we add the plugins directory while xcode is running. If you did not get a dialog box asking you to copy or reference the files then things still won't work correctly until you do. And although it wouldn't affect this situation, make sure you've selected a home screen in the project 'layout' section. Cheers! -- Smug Edit: Is that Jacksonville Florida? I was born there, although we moved up to Savannah when I was around 1 years old. I'll be heading back that way for a bit in a month or two...

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.