Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 347

miku
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
zagorje ob savi
11/02/15 04:00 AM (8 years ago)

Google map in Android Studio

I have Google map in Location plugin, It works fine on device if I use Eclipse, but not with Android Studio. What could be wrong?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/02/15 07:02 AM (8 years ago)

miku
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
zagorje ob savi
11/02/15 09:55 AM (8 years ago)
Thanks for answer. That is what I did and still doesn't work: - in build.gradle I inserted: resValue "string", "google_maps_api_key", "[MY KEY]" and then in manifest: <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.maps.v2.API_KEY" android:value="@string/google_maps_api_key"/> Error is: Error:(104, 28) No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@string/google_maps_api_key'). Then I tried with most bottom example: I created directory "release" under /src and created new manifest there, which contains: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"> <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.maps.v2.API_KEY" android:value="[MY_PROD_KEY]" /> </manifest> This version doesn't work too.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.