Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 14    Views: 412

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 29, 2015
Canberra
09/11/15 05:39 PM (8 years ago)

admob errors - a never ending loop

So I am trying to install admob on a new Android app and I keep getting lots of errors - it's driving me nuts! I first of all followed the tutorial in the How To section but then figured it must have been out of date because a lot of the stuff was superseeded. I then followed mysps's admob tutorial called 'Admob Banners BT Android 3.0' but with no luck. When I try and build I get the following errors; /Users/robh113/Desktop/Android/holidaysaustralia - copy/app/src/main/res/layout/bt_screen_customhtml.xml Error:(25) No resource identifier found for attribute 'adSize' in package 'com.holidaysaustralia' Error:(25) No resource identifier found for attribute 'adUnitId' in package 'com.holidaysaustralia' Error:Execution failed for task ':app:processDebugResources'. > com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command '/Users/robh113/Library/Android/sdk/build-tools/22.0.1/aapt'' finished with non-zero exit value 1 So after some research on Stack Overflow I try to fix error 25 by inserting this line of code; replace /res/ with /lib/ in your custom layout nampespace xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" will be xmlns:holidaysaustralia - copy="http://schemas.android.com/apk/lib/com.holidaysaustralia" This brings up the next lot of errors; /Users/robh113/Desktop/Android/holidaysaustralia - copy/app/src/main/res/layout/bt_screen_customhtml.xml Error:(2) Error parsing XML: not well-formed (invalid token) Error:Execution failed for task ':app:processDebugResources'. > com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command '/Users/robh113/Library/Android/sdk/build-tools/22.0.1/aapt'' finished with non-zero exit value 1 And so it continues, round and round in a circle. If anyone could please help me out (with what is probably an easy fix for more experienced coders) I would be forever in your debt. Many thanks. Rob

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Canberra
09/11/15 06:00 PM (8 years ago)
Forgot to mention, when I am doing step 3 of mysps's tutorial I am just typing the following code in underneath all the other import lines in BT_screen_customHTML.java; import com.google.android.gms.ads.AdRequest; import com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView; But the instructions say to 'import' them.... is that the same thing as just typing them in? Both lines appear greyed out and the .AdRequest and .AdView are both in red. All the other import lines have a blue import and the rest of the text in black so they look different. Thanks again!

krompa
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 14, 2013
Bristol
09/12/15 02:17 AM (8 years ago)

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
09/12/15 01:36 PM (8 years ago)
I don't think you have Google Play services imported correctly.

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Canberra
09/12/15 05:38 PM (8 years ago)
Google Play services are imported. I followed GoNorthWest's tutorial on signing the APK and thats one of the first steps. When I hover over the greyed out import statements it says 'unused import statements'. I tried to optimise imports, but that just moved them up the order - but they are still greyed out. I then tried to rebuild and get the following errors; Error:Execution failed for task ':app:processDebugResources'. > com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command '/Users/robh113/Library/Android/sdk/build-tools/22.0.1/aapt'' finished with non-zero exit value 1 Error:(2) Error parsing XML: not well-formed (invalid token) /Users/robh113/Desktop/Android/holidaysaustralia - copy/app/src/main/res/layout/bt_screen_customhtml.xml

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Canberra
09/12/15 09:04 PM (8 years ago)
Latest update. I deleted Google play service and reinstalled them. The current errors I'm now getting are; /Users/robh113/Desktop/Android/holidaysaustralia - copy/app/src/main/res/layout/bt_screen_customhtml.xml Error:(26) No resource identifier found for attribute 'adSize' in package 'com.holidaysaustralia' Error:(26) No resource identifier found for attribute 'adUnitId' in package 'com.holidaysaustralia' Error:Execution failed for task ':app:processDebugResources'. > com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command '/Users/robh113/Library/Android/sdk/build-tools/22.0.1/aapt'' finished with non-zero exit value 1 Those import statements are still greyed out. The 'gms' is red however an when I hover over it, it says; cannot resolve symbol 'gms'. import android.gms.ads.AdRequest; import android.gms.ads.AdView;

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
09/13/15 01:56 AM (8 years ago)
You must use this line in your build.gradle (Module app) file: compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:7.3.0' Google changed to that version of Google Play Services a few days ago.

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Canberra
09/13/15 04:03 AM (8 years ago)
Hey Dusko, Thanks for that. I replace the line you suggested regarding Google Play Services but I get the following errors; /Users/robh113/Desktop/Android/holidaysaustralia - copy/app/src/main/java/com/holidaysaustralia/BT_screen_customHTML.java Error:(35, 23) package android.gms.ads does not exist Error:(36, 23) package android.gms.ads does not exist Error:(83, 3) cannot find symbol class AdView Error:(83, 20) cannot find symbol class AdView Error:(84, 3) cannot find symbol class AdRequest Error:(84, 38) package AdRequest does not exist Error:Execution failed for task ':app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'. > Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details. Information:BUILD FAILED Any thoughts? Rob

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
09/13/15 05:10 AM (8 years ago)
Here is a copy of answer from this link: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22262344/error-package-com-google-android-gms-doesnt-exist ========== Follow the steps here to ensure Google Play Services SDK is installed (specifically, make sure 'Google Repository' is installed along with 'Google Play Services'): http://developer.android.com/google/play-services/setup.html#Install Then, make sure the following is added to the dependencies{} block in your build.gradle: compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:+' Clean and rebuild. /////////////// The moral of the story!? Take any line from LogCat output and Google it out. Most likely, you will find an answer on stackoverflow.com. In this case, it is still telling you that you do not have the play services sorted out within your app.

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
09/13/15 03:33 PM (8 years ago)
Thanks Dusko for chiming in. I haven't used Admob in a while nor have I upgraded to the latest sdk. Appreciated! I agree with stackoverflow..

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Canberra
09/13/15 05:32 PM (8 years ago)
Thanks guys, I really do appreciate your help on this. You can't imagine my frustration. Dusko I added the new compile line to the build.gradle file you gave me and it now looks like this; apply plugin: 'com.android.application' android { compileSdkVersion 14 buildToolsVersion "22.0.1" defaultConfig { applicationId "com.holidaysaustralia" minSdkVersion 14 targetSdkVersion 22 versionCode 1 versionName "1.0" } buildTypes { release { minifyEnabled false proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.txt' } } lintOptions { abortOnError false } } dependencies { compile files('libs/gcm.jar') //compile possible .jar files in the libs directory... compile fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar']) //Google Play Services for Google Cloud Messaging and Google Maps... compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:7.3.0' compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:+' } Can you see that I'm missing anything? So that fix got rid of the last 3 errors, but left me with 120 more; Information:Gradle tasks [clean, :app:generateDebugSources, :app:generateDebugAndroidTestSources] :app:clean :app:preBuild UP-TO-DATE :app:preDebugBuild UP-TO-DATE :app:checkDebugManifest :app:preReleaseBuild UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComAndroidSupportAppcompatV72220Library :app:prepareComAndroidSupportMediarouterV72220Library :app:prepareComAndroidSupportSupportV42220Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServices780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesAds780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesAnalytics780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesAppindexing780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesAppinvite780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesAppstate780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesBase780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesCast780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesDrive780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesFitness780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesGames780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesGcm780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesIdentity780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesLocation780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesMaps780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesNearby780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesPanorama780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesPlus780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesSafetynet780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesVision780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesWallet780Library :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesWearable780Library :app:prepareDebugDependencies :app:compileDebugAidl :app:compileDebugRenderscript :app:generateDebugBuildConfig :app:generateDebugAssets UP-TO-DATE :app:mergeDebugAssets :app:generateDebugResValues UP-TO-DATE :app:generateDebugResources :app:mergeDebugResources AAPT: /Users/robh113/Desktop/Android/holidaysaustralia - copy/app/src/main/res/drawable/bt_refresh.png: libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited :app:processDebugManifest :app:processDebugResources /Users/robh113/Desktop/Android/holidaysaustralia - copy/app/build/intermediates/exploded-aar/com.android.support/appcompat-v7/22.2.0/res/values-v17/values-v17.xml Error:(6, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:textAlignment'. Error:(10, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingEnd'. Error:(10, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingEnd'. Error:(13, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingStart'. Error:(17, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_marginEnd'. Error:(10, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingEnd'. Error:(23, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_marginStart'. Error:(26, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_alignParentStart'. Error:(6, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:textAlignment'. Error:(10, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingEnd'. Error:(13, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingStart'. Error:(26, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_alignParentStart'. Error:(37, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_toStartOf'. Error:(40, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_alignParentEnd'. Error:(44, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_toEndOf'. Error:(37, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_toStartOf'. Error:(23, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_marginStart'. Error:(13, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingStart'. /Users/robh113/Desktop/Android/holidaysaustralia - copy/app/build/intermediates/exploded-aar/com.android.support/appcompat-v7/22.2.0/res/values-v21/values-v21.xml Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Inverse'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Large.Inverse'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Medium.Inverse'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Small.Inverse'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ProgressBar'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ProgressBar.Horizontal'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Spinner'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Theme.Material'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Theme.Material.Light'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.AutoCompleteTextView'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Button'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Body1'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Body2'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Caption'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Display1'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Display2'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Display3'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Display4'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Headline'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Large'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.PopupMenu.Large'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.PopupMenu.Small'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Medium'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Menu'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.SearchResult.Subtitle'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.SearchResult.Title'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Small'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Subhead'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Title'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Menu'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Subtitle'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Subtitle.Inverse'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Title'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Title.Inverse'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionMode.Subtitle'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionMode.Title'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.PopupMenu.Large'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.PopupMenu.Small'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Button'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.TextView.SpinnerItem'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Subtitle'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Title'. Error:(120, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'. Error:(124, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorButtonNormal'. Error:(122, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlActivated'. Error:(123, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlHighlight'. Error:(121, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlNormal'. Error:(118, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'. Error:(119, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'. Error:(127, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:windowElevation'. Error:(120, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'. Error:(124, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorButtonNormal'. Error:(122, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlActivated'. Error:(123, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlHighlight'. Error:(121, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlNormal'. Error:(118, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'. Error:(119, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'. Error:(127, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:windowElevation'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionBar.TabText'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionBar.TabView'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionButton'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionButton.CloseMode'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionButton.Overflow'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button.Borderless'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button.Borderless.Colored'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button.Small'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ButtonBar'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.CompoundButton.CheckBox'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.CompoundButton.RadioButton'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.DropDownItem.Spinner'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Light.ActionBar.TabText'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Light.ActionBar.TabText'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Light.ActionBar.TabView'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Light.PopupMenu'. Error:(213, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:overlapAnchor'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ListPopupWindow'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ListView'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ListView.DropDown'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.PopupMenu'. Error:(213, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:overlapAnchor'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.RatingBar'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Spinner'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Spinner.Underlined'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.TextView.SpinnerItem'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Toolbar.Button.Navigation'. Error:(120, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'. Error:(124, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorButtonNormal'. Error:(122, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlActivated'. Error:(123, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlHighlight'. Error:(121, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlNormal'. Error:(118, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'. Error:(119, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'. Error:(120, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'. Error:(124, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorButtonNormal'. Error:(122, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlActivated'. Error:(123, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlHighlight'. Error:(121, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlNormal'. Error:(118, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'. Error:(119, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'. Error:Execution failed for task ':app:processDebugResources'. > com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command '/Users/robh113/Library/Android/sdk/build-tools/22.0.1/aapt'' finished with non-zero exit value 1 Information:BUILD FAILED Information:Total time: 18.4 secs Information:120 errors Information:0 warnings Information:See complete output in console I googled it and got an answer on Stack Overflow (I spend a lot of time on Stack Overflow and always check there before I post a question here!), but their answer of adding compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:22.2.0' leaves me with the other errors. I suppose my final question, before I give up on this altogether!, is should I be using a higher targetSdkVersion and compiledSdkVersion? Or is there any merit in installing ALL previous SDK Platforms; I currently have installed 23, 22, 16, 15, 14? Thanks again!

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
09/14/15 12:55 AM (8 years ago)
It should look like this: minSdkVersion 14 targetSdkVersion 14 Did you take the build.gradle file from the existing and working / published app? If so, only the app name should have been changed, and, eventually, the version of the Google Play Services file. If the error says "Material", then it is for versions that are higher than 22, and you should not evoke them. BT will work only with version 14, anything else is superfluous.

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Canberra
09/14/15 02:18 AM (8 years ago)
Yes, I used the original file but tried a few things as a part of my problem solving from Stack Overflow. I have now changed it back to targetSdkVersion 14 but still getting 120 errors (after cleaning the project first). Information:Gradle tasks [:app:generateDebugSources, :app:generateDebugAndroidTestSources] :app:preBuild UP-TO-DATE :app:preDebugBuild UP-TO-DATE :app:checkDebugManifest :app:preReleaseBuild UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComAndroidSupportAppcompatV72220Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComAndroidSupportMediarouterV72220Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComAndroidSupportSupportV42220Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServices780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesAds780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesAnalytics780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesAppindexing780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesAppinvite780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesAppstate780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesBase780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesCast780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesDrive780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesFitness780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesGames780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesGcm780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesIdentity780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesLocation780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesMaps780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesNearby780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesPanorama780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesPlus780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesSafetynet780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesVision780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesWallet780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareComGoogleAndroidGmsPlayServicesWearable780Library UP-TO-DATE :app:prepareDebugDependencies :app:compileDebugAidl UP-TO-DATE :app:compileDebugRenderscript UP-TO-DATE :app:generateDebugBuildConfig UP-TO-DATE :app:generateDebugAssets UP-TO-DATE :app:mergeDebugAssets UP-TO-DATE :app:generateDebugResValues UP-TO-DATE :app:generateDebugResources UP-TO-DATE :app:mergeDebugResources UP-TO-DATE :app:processDebugManifest :app:processDebugResources /Users/robh113/Desktop/Android/holidaysaustralia - copy/app/build/intermediates/exploded-aar/com.android.support/appcompat-v7/22.2.0/res/values-v17/values-v17.xml Error:(6, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:textAlignment'. Error:(10, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingEnd'. Error:(10, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingEnd'. Error:(13, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingStart'. Error:(17, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_marginEnd'. Error:(10, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingEnd'. Error:(23, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_marginStart'. Error:(26, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_alignParentStart'. Error:(6, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:textAlignment'. Error:(10, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingEnd'. Error:(13, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingStart'. Error:(26, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_alignParentStart'. Error:(37, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_toStartOf'. Error:(40, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_alignParentEnd'. Error:(44, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_toEndOf'. Error:(37, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_toStartOf'. Error:(23, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_marginStart'. Error:(13, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:paddingStart'. /Users/robh113/Desktop/Android/holidaysaustralia - copy/app/build/intermediates/exploded-aar/com.android.support/appcompat-v7/22.2.0/res/values-v21/values-v21.xml Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Inverse'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Large.Inverse'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Medium.Inverse'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Small.Inverse'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ProgressBar'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ProgressBar.Horizontal'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Spinner'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Theme.Material'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Theme.Material.Light'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.AutoCompleteTextView'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Button'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Body1'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Body2'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Caption'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Display1'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Display2'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Display3'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Display4'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Headline'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Large'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.PopupMenu.Large'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.PopupMenu.Small'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Medium'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Menu'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.SearchResult.Subtitle'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.SearchResult.Title'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Small'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Subhead'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Title'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Menu'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Subtitle'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Subtitle.Inverse'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Title'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Title.Inverse'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionMode.Subtitle'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionMode.Title'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.PopupMenu.Large'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.PopupMenu.Small'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Button'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.TextView.SpinnerItem'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Subtitle'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Title'. Error:(120, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'. Error:(124, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorButtonNormal'. Error:(122, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlActivated'. Error:(123, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlHighlight'. Error:(121, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlNormal'. Error:(118, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'. Error:(119, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'. Error:(127, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:windowElevation'. Error:(120, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'. Error:(124, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorButtonNormal'. Error:(122, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlActivated'. Error:(123, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlHighlight'. Error:(121, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlNormal'. Error:(118, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'. Error:(119, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'. Error:(127, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:windowElevation'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionBar.TabText'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionBar.TabView'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionButton'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionButton.CloseMode'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionButton.Overflow'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button.Borderless'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button.Borderless.Colored'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button.Small'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ButtonBar'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.CompoundButton.CheckBox'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.CompoundButton.RadioButton'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.DropDownItem.Spinner'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Light.ActionBar.TabText'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Light.ActionBar.TabText'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Light.ActionBar.TabView'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Light.PopupMenu'. Error:(213, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:overlapAnchor'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ListPopupWindow'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ListView'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ListView.DropDown'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.PopupMenu'. Error:(213, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:overlapAnchor'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.RatingBar'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Spinner'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Spinner.Underlined'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.TextView.SpinnerItem'. Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Toolbar.Button.Navigation'. Error:(120, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'. Error:(124, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorButtonNormal'. Error:(122, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlActivated'. Error:(123, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlHighlight'. Error:(121, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlNormal'. Error:(118, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'. Error:(119, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'. Error:(120, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'. Error:(124, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorButtonNormal'. Error:(122, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlActivated'. Error:(123, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlHighlight'. Error:(121, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlNormal'. Error:(118, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'. Error:(119, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'. Error:Execution failed for task ':app:processDebugResources'. > com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command '/Users/robh113/Library/Android/sdk/build-tools/22.0.1/aapt'' finished with non-zero exit value 1 Information:BUILD FAILED Information:Total time: 2.267 secs Information:120 errors Information:0 warnings Information:See complete output in console

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
09/14/15 02:51 AM (8 years ago)
>/Users/robh113/Desktop/Android/holidaysaustralia - copy/app/build/intermediates/exploded-aar/com.android.support/appcompat-v7/22.2.0/res/values-v17/values-v17.xml Try to remove appcompat-v7 from the build. It is using 22.2.0 while you are using 22.0.1 in the build.gradle file. Make it compatible, use the same version all along. Or, you can supply it exactly what it is asking for. If it says Error:(6, 21) No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:textAlignment' then add the file attr in /res/values and supply the value for android:textAlignment. Beter yet, take it from somewhere on the Internet.

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Canberra
09/14/15 03:36 AM (8 years ago)
Thanks Dusko and mysps, but i'm not getting anywhere with this and it's just making me more and more frustrated! I think I might come back to it in the future once I get a little more experience in Android Studio. Unfortunately for now I'm going to give it a miss. Thanks for your help anyway :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.