Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 82

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 29, 2015
Canberra
09/07/15 04:16 PM (8 years ago)

iAd.... is it really that simple?

Just checking the steps involved in incorporating iAd into an app... 1. Sign up to participate in the iAd App Network through iTunes connect. 2. I'm using it on the Custom HTML/Text Plugin, so there is a little box at the bottom of the screen called Advertising Options I just set to "yes". 3. I submit my app to Apple for Review. Is there a step missing? Seems like I'm missing something?!?! If there's not a step missing, what about if I'm changing from a paid app to a free app. Do I do all the steps above the same just change the price? Also if it's an existing app would you wait a couple of days after submitting for review before turning all the Custom HTML pages to Yes for advertising (so you're existing users don't have to see the iAd test adds while waiting for review)? Thanks. Rob

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
09/07/15 06:39 PM (8 years ago)
I haven't played with iAd just yet... but I plan to soon. When I do I'll be looking at this: http://codewithchris.com/iad-tutorial/ Hope that helps a little... Cheers! -- Smug

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 29, 2015
Canberra
09/19/15 07:54 PM (8 years ago)
Just for future reference for people searching this topic... Yes it was that simple! Including banner ads was very simple by following the steps in my original post. I haven't figured out interstitials yet, that's the next hurdle :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.