Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 99

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
08/15/15 07:28 AM (8 years ago)

[solved] Left navbar button on home screen

This is a follow up to the below post: <a href="http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=5A8543A671BCAE7EE3CB5D7&command=isSearching&currentPage=1&topicTitle=left%20navbar&createdBy=&repliedBy=&minViews=-1&maxViews=-1&minReplies=-1&maxReplies=-1&forumCategory=" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=5A8543A671BCAE7EE3CB5D7&command=isSearching&currentPage=1&topicTitle=left%20navbar&createdBy=&repliedBy=&minViews=-1&maxViews=-1&minReplies=-1&maxReplies=-1&forumCategory=</a> I disconnected my app from buzztouch and want two navbar buttons on my home screen (menu with image plugin). The right button is a search icon which I did through the BT control panel. On the left I want to have the bookmarks icon which will open up the favorites plugin. From what Chris posted earlier I have the following in the /view will appear section: if([self.screenData isHomeScreen]){ UIBarButtonItem *leftButton = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithTitle:@"Press Me!" style:UIBarButtonSystemItemBookmarks target:self action:@selector(someMethodName)]; [self.navigationItem setLeftBarButtonItem:leftButton]; First off, this doesn't bring up the "bookmarks" icon as I hoped but says "Press Me". So how can I change it? Secondly, what do I replace "(someMethodName)" with in order to load the favorites plugin? Thanks! Josh

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Medford, MA
08/15/15 08:59 AM (8 years ago)
UPDATE: Okay, I can get the bookmarks icon to load now for the left navbar icon on the home screen. But what I can not for the life of me figure out is how to make clicking that icon load a certain screen. I have tried "Loadwithitemid" and keep getting errors. Here is what I have so far... if([self.screenData isHomeScreen]){ UIBarButtonItem *leftButton = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithBarButtonSystemItem:UIBarButtonSystemItemBookmarks target:self action:@selector(someMethodName)]; [self.navigationItem setLeftBarButtonItem:leftButton]; } So what do I replace "someMethodName" with to load a particular screen?? Thanks!!! JOsh

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
08/15/15 05:05 PM (8 years ago)
@Josh: Try something like this: Add the following method to your class: -(void)loadSpecificScreen{ //the following is a BT method [self loadScreenWithItemId:@"1111"]; } Replace "someMethodName" with "loadSpecificScreen". Does this work? Jake

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Medford, MA
08/16/15 08:19 AM (8 years ago)
Jake, Yes! Thank you!!! Josh

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
08/19/15 12:21 PM (8 years ago)
So cool that you posted the resolution like this to help everyone!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.