Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 116

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
08/06/15 06:40 AM (8 years ago)

Any updates to the core BT files?

I've been away for awhile but it's time to update some apps (and make some new ones!) so I'm back. I remember there used to be a way to see what the latest updates were to the BT core files for iOS and Android but that seems to have gone away. I usually make some custom modifications to the core files so I'm reluctant to re-download the BT package if I don't need to. Yet I always get tons of small errors (still compiles though). So my question is... should I re-download my package if it's been, say, 6 months? Any pending updates for iOS 9? Grazie! josh

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/06/15 08:34 AM (8 years ago)
As far as I know, it's all the same. I recently migrated my self hosting from one host to another, and on the new host I installed a fresh BT server, and replaced the database contents; the files seemed to be the same, except for 'my' modifications... David *is* embroiled in the newest BT version, but it's not released yet, with no date set at the moment. Hope this helps! Cheers! -- Smug

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
08/06/15 08:51 PM (8 years ago)
Hmm, okay. Guess I'll just wait for the newest version to come out? Anyone have an idea on when that might be?

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
08/07/15 01:08 AM (8 years ago)
Hi @mutzy, in the years I've been with Buzztouch, I noticed people got a bit twitchy when dates were announced and then not adhered to. I think now dates are not announced until the light at the end of the tunnel is really bright. Last year a management team was set up, which gave David a bit more space to manage change and move the platform forward. This year, I've noticed that most of the people associated with those roles are no longer doing what they were doing (apart from Susan Metoxen). So I get the impression it's solo effort all down to David and therefore change may take longer and also be affected by whatever other plates David has to keep spinning. For myself, I've learned to always work the version that is available now, waiting for the next version can be a long wait and when it does come out, there are a few things to learn before you can be productive, so I believe it pays to stay on top of the current environment. Alan

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.