Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 1    Views: 120

shak77
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 18, 2011
location unknow...
09/17/14 09:32 AM (9 years ago)

iOS 8 with iPhone 4S

Hi everyone, I know the iOS 8 update is set to likely launch in a little under an hour, but I was wondering if anyone tried the final beta version of it on the iPhone 4S. If so, did it work well? I have a 4S and it is my primary phone and I know in the past there were issues with the iPhone 4 and iOS 7 so I've been thinking about not updating my phone until a get a new phone within the next month or two. Thanks, David

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
09/17/14 10:14 AM (9 years ago)
I tried it in beta phase a few months ago... was a HUGE battery sucker... like my battery would last about 3 hours, with very light usage... compared to my normal 12-15 hours with very light usage, even with bluetooth and location services turned off. I'm sure they resolved that though, there would be no way they could do a public release with it being that way. I had to restore my iOS 7.1 after 3 days, and my battery life went back to normal. IOS 8 wasn't a massive change from 7.1... just a few added features, but not a complete overhaul by any means.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.