FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
06/17/15 03:38 AM (9 years ago)

renaming package in studio,

having loads of problems renaming package in studio, had to make 2nd version of android app, so that any changes i made to app wouldnt effect the live version till ive updated, got the app up and running ok in studio, but when i export the apk google play needs it to be named the same as the first app, ive tried everything, stack oveflow gives all kinds of answers, but none of them worked, it was easy to do in eclipse, but my new version just crashes when open in eclipse, any ideas guys. thanks sean

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Reg: May 19, 2011
Louisville
06/17/15 10:55 AM (9 years ago)
I'm having that same issue.

Andrusito
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2013
cordoba
06/18/15 05:03 AM (9 years ago)
Maybe you should change the "currentMode":"Design" to "Live" in your Configuration Data first app, that way any change you do in your control panel will not be visible until you click on PUBLISH button. Take a look: http://s10.postimg.org/fakgy2obd/Captura_de_pantalla_2015_06_18_a_la_s_09_00_53.png

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
06/18/15 06:05 AM (9 years ago)
Ive found in the past the live or design will not effect the changes you make, even in live mode , it still updates the app with any changes ive made, i tried everything in both eclipse and studio, 15+ rebuilds and still loads of errors, what i did in the end, was used the app copier, copied the app, then changed the name of the first app to name 1, then renamed the 2nd new app within my self hosted to the original name, and changed the app name in the manifest file, and it all worked. cheers sean

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.