Discussion Forums  >  iOS / Android Beta Testers

Replies: 9    Views: 84

dudave
Android Fan
Reg: Mar 23, 2011
Israel, Netanya
02/22/13 06:04 AM (11 years ago)

Testers most welcomed for new Android app for vets

i'v been working on this project since day one in BT, it has taken me 2-3 months to finally finish this app, i would like to release it soon and would appreciate all kind of android device to test it. as this is only my second app i'm releasing your feedback, good and bad, is critically important to me, if you see something that bothers your eyes feel free to let me know! Cheers David

hasher13
Android Fan
Reg: Jul 21, 2012
Wethersfield
02/22/13 06:20 AM (11 years ago)
Hey David, Nice to see another vet on board! Tested on Droid 4 From a SA vet to an exotic vet it looks really nice. The pictures are bright and clean. Are they your own pictures or stock pictures? One thing that I did notice that with the background picture of your button menu page the bottom row covers the background picture. Once you scroll up then it reveals it. Not bad, just want to make you aware of it. Other than that looks great! What is your anticipated price for it? I have been thinking of creating some apps, have some ideas just have not executed them yet! If you have any more vet apps, would love to take a look at them, Thanks, Howard

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
02/22/13 06:22 AM (11 years ago)
Hi @dudave, I'm not at my house, so don't have my Android device with me, but any other time, I would be happy to test it for you. Can you give details on it and few screenshots? LA

dudave
Android Fan
Israel, Netanya
02/22/13 06:40 AM (11 years ago)
Hi, Howard! didn't know there was another vet here ;) i do need to make that bottom picture smaller on the front page, i remember i tested it on a samsung galaxy 3 a few weeks ago and i noticed the problem in landscape mode as well. which device do you use? i'm still not sure about the price, i was thinking to begin at 5$ and raise it to 10$ after i reach X installs, there is an app on the market on the exact same subject, i downloaded it but didn't like it, it was missing too much info, that app costs about 13-14$ i think... i would be happy to get some more feedback from you if you have the time to check a bit of the content of the app, let me know if you think its good and if i should add stuff! Hi @LA, i will add some description and screenshots soon! Thanks David

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
02/22/13 06:41 AM (11 years ago)
Thank you @dudave! LA

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/22/13 06:42 AM (11 years ago)
All in all, I'd say it's a fine piece of work. Well done. The 'gotchas' that I found were: 1) the "App Rater" comes up with an unfound URL for the Google Play store. 2) In the gallery, the 'done' button doesn't do a whole lot for me. I'll end up using my back key. Now that I think about it, it's not in the Google Play store yet, right? Forget #1... I used my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" tablet. ICS 4.1.1 Cheers! -- Smug

dudave
Android Fan
Israel, Netanya
02/22/13 06:51 AM (11 years ago)
Hi, Howard! didn't know there was another vet here ;) i do need to make that bottom picture smaller on the front page, i remember i tested it on a samsung galaxy 3 a few weeks ago and i noticed the problem in landscape mode as well. which device do you use? i'm still not sure about the price, i was thinking to begin at 5$ and raise it to 10$ after i reach X installs, there is an app on the market on the exact same subject, i downloaded it but didn't like it, it was missing too much info, that app costs about 13-14$ i think... i would be happy to get some more feedback from you if you have the time to check a bit of the content of the app, let me know if you think its good and if i should add stuff! Hi @LA, i will add some description and screenshots soon! Thanks David

dudave
Android Fan
Israel, Netanya
02/22/13 06:56 AM (11 years ago)
Hi @Smug, the app rater does that because the app is not yet on google play i think, and the gallery "done" button, well there i have a problem i couldn't, cause when you hit the back key it doesn't send you back to the image gallery, instead it throws you to the screen before that, this is why i used the "done" option wich isn't that great as well... Thanks for the feedback! David

Mr stuck
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 09, 2012
Fife, Scotland
02/22/13 07:58 AM (11 years ago)
Tested a little on galaxy s2, looks good. Only tiny issue is the words in the menu list. Eg. Clinical signs. The "g" is very slightly sliced off at the bottom. Also the "y" in gallery. Just figured that as you spent so long on it you want it perfect so thought I would give you a heads up. Prob just needs slight font size adjustment to correct. Good job though :)

dudave
Android Fan
Israel, Netanya
02/22/13 07:59 AM (11 years ago)
Hi @Smug, the app rater does that because the app is not yet on google play i think, and the gallery "done" button, well there i have a problem i couldn't, cause when you hit the back key it doesn't send you back to the image gallery, instead it throws you to the screen before that, this is why i used the "done" option wich isn't that great as well... Thanks for the feedback! David

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.