ontarget
Apple Fan
Reg: Feb 29, 2012
Sedona,AZ
07/21/15 11:32 AM (9 years ago)

First IOS app using IOS 9 beta in Buzztouch

I am currently an IOS developer and found Buzztouch interesting to tryout. I followed the project build for the QR Code project, and added the elements in the build process. NOTE: what version of Xcode is the newest supported? I am using IOS 9 beta 3. I can use another older version as required. In IOS 9 I opened the project and got 37 errors. So I am looking to find out what older version to run for Buzztouch.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
07/21/15 12:44 PM (9 years ago)
Hello, and Welcome to Buzztouch! Good to see another Arizonan here! There shouldn't be any reason that iOS9 doesn't work, though some plugins may have to be updated to take advantage of new stuff. I know for a fact that iOS8.3 works, as I've compiled an app for it. That being said...just want to make sure you've dragged all the BT project folders into your Xcode project. That's often the source of many errors, because not all the folders get imported into the project automatically. Again, welcome! Mark

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/21/15 06:44 PM (9 years ago)
I'm curious if there are 'errors' (red) or if there are warnings (yellow). Of course, Errors must be fixed. Warnings can 'usually' be ignored. Otherwise, I agree with Mark; make sure you've added your plugin directory to the project while it's running. And Welcome to Buzztouch! Cheers! -- Smug

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
07/22/15 12:45 PM (9 years ago)
Welcome, @onTarget! There is a lot of code to use here. I would say that the primary benefit for a current iOS developer to use Buzztouch is so that they can give their client a control panel for accessing app content. With a bit of CSS, you can customize the self-hosted control panel for your own company or your client's. Once you join, send me an email and I will get you a Plugin Developer Code. Susan @ Buzztouch.com.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.