Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 7    Views: 56

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
07/09/15 01:40 PM (9 years ago)

Self Hosted Cache?

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can tell me where the cache is for self hosted servers? I've cleared my browser cache, but the changes I made to screenDataURL.html (to show some custom text when the data URL section of any plugin is expanded) and one of the child items html files in a particular plugin, but my server isn't showing the changes in the control panel when I add a new screen. Here is what I've done so far... - Made changes to screenDataURL.html and html child item file in a plugin, FTP'd them up, over-writing the old ones. - From the admin CP, I refreshed plugins 3 times - Deleted my browser cache multiple times, including a second browser - Deleted temporary files directly from the admin CP - Logged out of my CP, and logged back in - Changes are not reflected. Does the self hosted server cache these files somewhere else? What am I missing?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/09/15 03:22 PM (9 years ago)
I have issues with Safari. Sometimes, I just have to use firefox, because safari seems to hold on to that cache. Could be my imagination, could be that I'm crazy. But that is what I think. Try a different browser just to be sure. Cheers! -- Smug

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
07/09/15 03:48 PM (9 years ago)
Tried that as well. I primarily use chrome, but safari was giving the same result. I'll give Firefox a shot though just to eliminate the browser as a cause.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
07/10/15 08:42 AM (9 years ago)
Just tried with firefox, which hasn't been installed on this Mac before, and same thing... so either the script is caching itself on the server somewhere, or I'm editing the wrong files or something (doubtful). Here are the two files I'm editing: (to include custom text above the dataURL field when Data URL is expanded in ANY screen of CP) /bt_includes/btSection_dataURL.html (to include custom text above Gallery Behavior section of control panel on MacImage Gallery Screens) /files/plugins/macimage_gallery/galleryBehavior.html None of my edits show, so I'm assuming it's a cache problem somewhere... but even a newly downloaded browser thats never been used shows the old data... so it must be cached on the server somewhere... either in the script, or possible something with Hostgator?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
07/10/15 05:39 PM (9 years ago)
Which part of the self hosted server are you trying to modify? Cheers! -- Smug

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
07/10/15 05:48 PM (9 years ago)
Control panel section "Data Url" displayed for each screen, and each control panel section "gallery behavior" of Mac Image Gallery. See above for the files I'm editing (I'm very sure they are both correct). Both objectives are described a little better above, right above the path and file names of the two files I'm working with. I'm only adding a little text blurb above the data url field, and editing the Mac image gallery file to have my settings preselected. I know it would work if I deleted the Mac image gallery plugin, refreshed plugins, then reinstalled using the modified files, but I'm pretty sure it will remove all of the screens of that type from my projects when I remove it, so can't do that. Plus I'd still have the btSection_dataURL.html issue.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
07/10/15 08:03 PM (9 years ago)
Check to make sure those files are listed in the 'config_cp.txt' file. If they're not there, it must be using something else (which would be listed in there). Cheers! -- Smug

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
07/10/15 08:40 PM (9 years ago)
Yep, that's where I found which file to edit, at least for the plugin file. The screen data one is a core file.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.