Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 57

warrenpettitt
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 14, 2015
Phoenix
07/04/15 01:40 PM (9 years ago)

macimage gallery

I put the images in the BT_Images folder using "create folder references". I put the reference to the images in the mac image gallery screen. The images just show up as a red x (the titles show up fine). Any help would be appreciated, it seems like I must not be referencing where they are located properly (or have put them in the wrong location). iOS is 10.10.3 and Xcode is 6.3.2

warrenpettitt
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 14, 2015
Phoenix
07/04/15 05:49 PM (9 years ago)
I did get it to work using the URL's but I would like to include the pictures in the project if possible

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
07/04/15 06:10 PM (9 years ago)
Strange it would work with the data URL but not the local images. That tells us that the code is working fine, and it's pulling the JSON correctly, since it's getting the titles. The project isn't seeing the local files for some reason... the most common reason is most often overlooked at first. Clean and rebuild the project, reset the simulator contents, then try again. If you haven't rebuilt the project after adding the image files to it, they won't be included at run time. Other common reasons could be a spelling or capitalization issue in the file names (unlikely, since you had them correct in the data url), or maybe try deleting the image references from the project and add the files again, making sure to create the groups and copy if necessary. Folder references arn't necessary. I've never checked that box. Here is how the settings should look: http://snag.gy/dqlb1.jpg

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
07/15/15 06:32 PM (9 years ago)
I think @Angry Ninja is correct in how to add the images. However, I don't think it will help with the local images issues for the plugin. There are a few oustsanding issues with that plugin that we were hoping to see a fix for. https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=CBDB6A13133C43BE42E0D9D Hopefully Mac Apple will have an update sometime soon. Cheers Darrel

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.