warrenpettitt
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 14, 2015
Phoenix
07/07/15 07:38 PM (9 years ago)

apple push notification

I received an email from apple today about "missing push notification entitlement". The email read almost word for word the same as the post "apple push notification problem" by stevek. I am probably being a little "paranoid" as this is my first app submission (YEA!!), but I was wondering if I too fall under the line "if your app does not use the apple push notification service, no action is required". The plugins I am using are: A) send email B) AT53 video player C) menu simple D) pdf doc E) mac image gallery F) location map G) splash screen H) custom URL. It would seem to me the only one that might is the location service. Everyone in the past has been so helpful I really appreciate your unselfish help, am I being a little "paranoid"? Have a great day.

warrenpettitt
Aspiring developer
Phoenix
07/07/15 08:34 PM (9 years ago)
continued - I went to Itunes connect and the app is back to "prepare for submission". I submitted it once and got the email back I previously mentioned. The line of concern to me is the last line of the email, it says "after you've corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes connect". Is that why it is back to "prepare for submission"?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/07/15 08:36 PM (9 years ago)
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. All BT apps are 'push ready', or almost so, and thus you're going to get that email from apple blabbering on about the entitlement. How did you originally submit it? the Push config shouldn't have any impact on app submission status... Cheers! -- Smug

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
07/08/15 10:52 AM (9 years ago)
I am not using Push in my apps and I get this every time on submission. It has never been a cause for rejection. It would be interesting to know how to switch off the entitlement if I wanted to though...

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
07/08/15 12:36 PM (9 years ago)
I get that email on every single buzztouch app that I submit. It hits my email box 30 seconds after submission, and I already have my mail app open to delete the anticipated email from apple each time. Nothing to worry about at all. Apple is just reminding you that your project is setup to accept push notifications, but no code was entered to utilize it. You can simply delete the email and wait for your review ;)

warrenpettitt
Aspiring developer
Phoenix
07/08/15 01:22 PM (9 years ago)
Do I need to worry that when I go back to itunes connect it says the status of the app is "prepare for submission" - that seems wrong because I have already submitted it (that's why I received the email from apple).

warrenpettitt
Aspiring developer
Phoenix
07/17/15 02:16 PM (9 years ago)
Just wanted to let everyone know after talking with apple and having them say "thats interesting it is back to prepare for submission" it all got worked out and the app was published today at the store.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/17/15 07:06 PM (9 years ago)
Congrats! Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.