Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 67

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
06/25/15 12:35 PM (9 years ago)

Question on Self Hosted Mod

On my self hosted control panel, my plugins are getting a little out of hand. Is there a mod that I can make on my self hosted server to list the plugin names alphabetically when selecting them from the drop down menu when adding a new screen to my project? They are already categorized by screen type, but I'd love a way to sort them alphabetically, as it's starting to take me forever to sort and find the exact plugin I'm looking for from the list. I'm sure it's a simple php edit that I need to make somewhere in the scripts, just not sure where to begin. Thanks!

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
06/25/15 12:59 PM (9 years ago)
Just type the first letter of the plugin and it will circle through all the plugins that start with that letter. Very easy to pick what you want.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
06/25/15 01:01 PM (9 years ago)
lmao... years of being a BT member and I never knew that little trick! Kudos Dusko! :) After taking almost a year off from app development, I'm starting to dive back into Buzztouch. Time to get my apps updated. One of my main apps (Universal Orlando Tour Guide) has had the Mosaic Menu stop working when displaying photos, at least on my iphone 6 Plus. I even tried redownloading the project and rebuilding, with the same results. Not sure the cause, but my app is dead in the water for displaying photos until I can get it figured out. Hoping it's something simple. It just displays a black screen instead of the photo, then crashes my tabbar utility plugin process when backing out to the previous menu.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
06/25/15 01:19 PM (9 years ago)
>until I can get it figured out Why not ask Kittsy?

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
06/25/15 01:29 PM (9 years ago)
I will if thats the issue. I know he's busy, so I want to go through my entire project and make sure it's not something on my end, especially since nobody else seems to have reported the issue. It's been a little while since the last update of Mosaic, so I'm sure if it was something with the plugin, others would have posted reported it by now. The app that uses it is highly customized, including the core files, so I'm sure it's something I've done elsewhere that is just making the plugin stall out. It's just strange that the app on my device, downloaded directly from the app store, worked fine for over a year and then the pics just don't display one day, with no changes to the app, the code, or control panel. The app was due for a major overhaul anyways, so I'm thinking it might just be a good time to start a new project in the control panel and rebuild it from the ground up. I have all the data on my web server, so it's just a matter of rebuilding the screens and linking everything up, but it will give me a good opportunity to address a few things that needed added/edited while I'm doing it. I'll add one of the Mosaic screens sooner rather than later and see if I get the same results on a virgin project.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.