Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 73

Slav
Apple Fan
Reg: Sep 09, 2013
Toronto
06/13/15 07:16 PM (9 years ago)

YouTube Playlist doesn't work. At all

I don't have luck with this plugin. It would be great if it worked as designed. Now NONE of my lists of all apps work. Maybe YouTube (Google) changed rules again. I include at least one screen like this in almost all my apps. Even lists with videos created completely by me show only blank menus. This is painful. Any suggestions?

Slav
Apple Fan
Toronto
06/13/15 10:30 PM (9 years ago)
Solved (sort of). Now it's necessary to include api in plugin m file in order for it to work. So I have a work to do to resubmit all the apps and get some angry reviews meanwhile. Anyway, better then nothing.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
06/14/15 01:24 AM (9 years ago)
As of May 20th 2015 YouTube changed the way it displays data about videos, going from V2 to V3. It was known in advance for at least a year or so. If you are on any kind of list related to YouTube, you should have gotten the warning weeks and days in advance. There are two plugins that are relevant here, YouTube Playlist for iOS and AnWatchList Pro. Both were dully updated a few days before or after the event. Downloading new versions from your control panel should do the trick, if you are using them. Whatever you do, you have to upload a new version of each app into the stores. There is no other way.

Slav
Apple Fan
Toronto
06/14/15 06:21 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you, Dusko. That's obvious now, but it was a surprise that fully functional apps suddenly wouldn't work one day. Again, there's some job for me of resubmitting all the apps and nervous waiting period ahead.

aussiedra
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 25, 2010
Brisbane, Austr...
06/14/15 06:48 AM (9 years ago)
Yes I know it's a pain , Google disable all services using the old method even on the old Apple TV and smart tv' using Api 2. you can do an Expedited App Review to have your app review within 2 days https://developer.apple.com/contact/app-store/?topic=expedite

Slav
Apple Fan
Toronto
06/15/15 09:40 AM (9 years ago)
This issue settled completely with the new plugin update (see aussiedra's forum thread later). The limited default number of videos of the list (which was 5 before) is 50 now. That was mentioned in one of the reviews of the plugin. Thank you. The only thing I want to remind to those users who included this plugin earlier - to change URL which was full-length UTR to just the last part of it (alpha-numeric combination which is the playlist ID).

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.