Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 59

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
06/10/15 11:25 AM (9 years ago)

IOS push problems

i submitted a new binary with both green lights in push for development and productions, some gave me some advice on jigging the code, i have now realized that i left out a bit in the push tutorial,about changing the bundle identifier, so i will fix that,and resubmit again, my question is, is there any way of checking that push will work on a live fresh downloaded copy of the app, Ive been told you cant, but that means waiting 10 days for each try,I have had the push working in development mode,on a device live device any advice guys . thanks Sean

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/10/15 11:40 AM (9 years ago)
Update, apparently i had to delete all the devices registered in push, and then downloaded fresh copy and it worked, but strange thing is its not asking for permission to send messages to the device , when the app is launched, even though i have set it to promp for push in core settings cheers Sean

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
06/10/15 09:34 PM (9 years ago)
It will only ask you the first time you open the app on the device. Even if you delete the app and reinstall, your iPhone will generally remember the setting. Annoying for debugging, but helpful for users. FYI, you can (and should) test the process both on development and production profiles. For production profiles, simply export the app using an Ad Hoc profile and install on your device. If push works with that version, it should also work for the live version.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/11/15 01:05 AM (9 years ago)
ahh thanks chris, thats solved all my push worries, thanks buddy sean

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.