Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 82

Samira
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 23, 2011
London
06/12/15 02:51 AM (9 years ago)

Menu with Image plugin

Hi everyone, Did anyone use this menu plugin recently and having any issues with cropped menus in iPhone 6? You can see the problem here on the screenshots taken for the iPhone vs the not cropped for the iPad, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alpha-breakfast/id991700699?mt=8 I am using this plugin together with other plugins (custom URL, add to favourites, advanced quiz, circle view list menu, recommend my app, share menu). In iPhone 6, it looks like all the menus can't scroll down to the bottom of the page and the same happens on the simulator. Susan (the developer of this plugin already tested this on her phone and she saw the same thing but she is using this plugin in her other apps and it doesn't show the problem. This is what she wrote in her own words: "I tried putting JSON from a known working app into the alphabreakfast project, and the problem still occurs. From that, I think we can rule out that the problem is coming from the content as added to the app. Then, I dragged into the project a version of the Menu with Image into the alphabreakfast project, and it has the same problem. This version of the Menu with Image is from an app that I have that I know DOES NOT have the problem." We were thinking maybe it might be interaction between this plugin and other plugins that preventing it to load properly :-(. Any thought on this would be VERY VERY highly appreciated! I don't like the idea of changing the design of the entire app because of this problem but I guess I have to resort to that if no solution could be found. Thanks very much, Best wishes, Samira

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/12/15 10:54 AM (9 years ago)
I use this plugin a lot, with no issues, but I'm not a fan of the rounded borders and I prefer to avoid them. From the screenshot it looks as if the image is a bit too big on the right hand menu as well as the right border being cropped. It is as if the screen size calculations are a bit off. No idea what might cause it though. My only suggestion is on the re-design track - if you make the images a couple of pixels smaller, does it help as a work-around?

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
06/14/15 03:25 AM (9 years ago)
What I'd do is make the size of the list bigger, so that the images fit in there well, and I'd move the borders of the list as well, so that you're able to see the outline of the borders. Cheers

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.