Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 79

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
06/09/15 02:26 AM (9 years ago)

White Screen

Having strange problem with one of my apps,all the images where compiled with the app including the splash screen, and when its connected to wi fi works great, strange thing when its not, it works fine until you refresh the app or send update, then all you get is blank white screen, and cant get past that, what am i doing wrong guys cheers sean

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
06/09/15 02:38 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Sean, Naturally it's tough to know without seeing / feeling / playing a bit. BUT, It sounds like on first launch all is well. Cool. But, when you refresh all is lost, not cool. My suspicion is that the dataURL in the config.txt file (in the Xcode project) is either a) not valid, meaning it doesn't produce the JSON you expect. Or, b), the control panel uses a different dataURL than you see i the Xcode project, meaning the Xcode projects does not have the same JSON being produced by the dataURL. Hope this makes sense. Naturally the best way to determine this is to figure out what screen is blank? Is it the splash screen? The app's home screen, etc.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
06/09/15 02:43 AM (9 years ago)
hi david, its only happens when the device is not connected to web, when launches works as it should, but soon as you refresh it diverts to blank screen called 1, and you cant get past this screen, cheers sean oh ps on refresh it would divert back to splash screen, so im assuming it the splash thats blanks, but that screen isnt called 1

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.