Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 9    Views: 70

Becky
I hate code!
Reg: Aug 08, 2012
NYC
05/28/15 11:26 PM (9 years ago)

Checklist Plugin - Padding

I've used this plugin so many times and why, why, why all of a sudden is it acting weird? The first two checklists are being covered up by the top navigation bar. I just need some padding or something up top to bring those down. Anyone know what could be causing this or better yet, how to fix it? :)

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
05/29/15 12:00 AM (9 years ago)
Out of experience, when this happens on *anything*, and you can't find the solution (I have no idea, sorry), you could make the first two checklists blank and start on the third ;-) For now, at least, so your not stuck in your project, until you find the proper solution.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/29/15 12:02 AM (9 years ago)
So, some of them look ok, and some do not? Is there a parameter not being set? (Tab Bar, NavBar, something...?) Either on the pages that are 'errant' or every other page 'but' the errant two? Check for consistancies, or more importantly, inconsistancies... Sorry I don't have the plugin so my help is rather limited. Cheers! -- Smug

Becky
I hate code!
NYC
05/29/15 12:46 AM (9 years ago)
MrDavid - I tried that but with the checklist plugin, it lists the quantity regardless if you leave it blank or not so it ends up looking even worse. Funny though, I think you and I are on the same page about being resourceful :) Smug - They all look fine, it's just the top two rows of the checklist menu are hidden by the navigation bar. I've pretty much looked at every parameter that I could in the control panel and even tried to change some numbers around in Xcode ;) I cleared the cache, restarted my computer. It makes absolutely no sense being that I just put an app up a couple weeks ago with the same plugin and it worked fine.

Becky
I hate code!
NYC
05/29/15 12:52 AM (9 years ago)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
05/29/15 02:40 AM (9 years ago)
You might want to check with Chris1 on this. The thing is, only one copy of the plugin 'code' goes in a project. If 'the same settings' provide different results on different screens, I'm not sure if adjusting the code will help; it would affect 'all' instances of the plugin, and the results might be more weird than what you're currently experiencing. Better to find what's up with those two screens than to alter something that would affect all of them. And check the JSON of those screens; make sure no spurious json concerning a tab bar is in there. Compare the Json from all screens, and look for 'what doesn't fit'. They should all be relatively similar, with the exception of the content. Using jsonlint to 'format' the json into a readable format should make it easier to spot discrepancies. Good Luck, and let us know how it turns out! Cheers! -- Smug

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
05/29/15 05:03 AM (9 years ago)
I don't have the plugin but try changing the navbar to solid and not transparent. That might do the trick. I've seen this with another plugin when adjusting those properties.

Becky
I hate code!
NYC
05/29/15 10:40 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you for all your replies. I took the "too good to be true" route and it worked. I changed the navigation bar to solid and it worked! Thanks @mysps!

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
05/29/15 11:06 AM (9 years ago)
Not a problem ;)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
05/29/15 01:03 PM (9 years ago)
Of course, I never thought of that, but now that I 'see' it, it makes perfect sense. Nice catch, SPS :) Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.