lady_di
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 06, 2013
Geelong, VIC
05/29/15 12:36 AM (9 years ago)

Semantic issues and Parse issues

Hi, I have recently updated to Xcode 6.3.2 and having a world of problems with a project that was working well prior to the upgrade. Currently getting 198 Semantic and Parse issues occurring when attempting to run the project in the simulator, it is also occurring in when running a clean and build. I have downloaded a fresh IOS project file from Buzztouch, deleted and reloaded a fresh Xcode 6.3.2 to start fresh and still having the same issues. I did notice when looking through the project files downloaded from buzz touch the frameworks file doesn't appear to be IOS project from Buzztouch or displayed in the project files in xcode??? I am very lost here??

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/29/15 02:34 AM (9 years ago)
"Issues" can usually be ignored, as long as the functionality works. "Errors" need to be fixed. The update to 6.3.2 brought a new batch of deprecated calls, so new warnings shouldn't be too much of a surprise. Setting your build target to a lower iOS version can sometimes get rid of a few of them, but unless they keep your app from running correctly, you can ignore them for the time being. If you 'start fresh' you'll need to re-add any 3rd party SDK's, so you may as well get the latest available, but again, if you're getting 'warnings' (yellow) and not 'errors' (red), you should be ok. Don't forget to add 'arm64' to your list of valid architectures; 64bit is required now. Anything in specific that's not working? Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.