Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 73

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
05/06/15 06:00 PM (9 years ago)

Add to Calendar not responding? (iOS)

Hi All! I'm an imposter, this is actually Sam :P Helloooooo~ I'm hoping someone can assist here but I don't have much to go on so this is really kind of a "any ideas?" sort of post. So David and I made an app for a client and used the Add to Calendar plugin from ATRAIN, for iOS, which I do believe is no longer on the market, but we're self hosted so that's okay. We've been getting reports from them that some users can't add events, because when they tap the plus button in the corner OR the text button on the screen, the button they tapped will flash as if it's registering the tap but the app either crashes completely or just freezes. It's supposed to pull up a window of information about the event, and you can confirm the addition from there. The most troubling thing is, when either of us does it on our phones it works perfectly fine with both buttons, so I wish I had some sort of error log for everyone but I don't. Sad face. I've asked and everyone has the latest version of iOS and the latest version of the app itself, so I'm at a loss here. I've asked people to simply re-download the app to no avail. Everyone has also given the app permission to use the calendar so that's not a problem. I do have a log of what it does on my phone (iPhone 6 running iOS 8.3) if anyone wants that but I don't think it'll help much. Also, another quick tidbit, when we originally sent the app to the market, I forgot to include the plugin in the project (whoopsie) and so I put out an update that fixed that. Not sure if there could have been some kind of discrepancy there. Anything anyone can tell me helps, and thanks in advance :) ~ Sam

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/06/15 06:19 PM (9 years ago)
The best I can say is 'test on the same device/OS as the client, if possible' 'litter the plugin with BT_debugger statements' Good Luck! Cheers! -- Smug

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
05/06/15 08:00 PM (9 years ago)
Update: Thanks to Smug for helping us out! So the plugin will actually pull up the event window if we let it sit for a few minutes. Now the next problem is to figure out why it takes forever! >~<

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/14/15 09:45 AM (9 years ago)
Did you get it fixed?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.