Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 974

DJM
Lost but trying
Reg: Aug 20, 2013
planet earth
04/22/15 05:18 PM (9 years ago)

Android - capitals in edit text

Android, 18 Having some weird issues with capitals and edittext I am trying to capitalize the first letter automatically of my Edittext in my xml file I have tried android:capitalize="sentences" - doesn't work at all android:inputType="textMultiLine|textCapSentences" - gives some strange results, I type in sam and get aam android:inputType="textCapWords" - gives some strange results, I type in sam and get aam Not using any special keyboard, just the normal softkeyboard. Anybody run into this? Thanks as always!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/22/15 07:52 PM (9 years ago)
I'm no expert, but according to this post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4808705/first-letter-capitalization-for-edittext you should use android:inputType="textCapSentences" in the XML file... Not sure if you can 'share' attributes; try removing the "textMultiLine|" part and see...? Cheers! -- Smug

DJM
Lost but trying
planet earth
04/23/15 03:10 AM (9 years ago)
I had already done the android:inputType="textCapSentences" and that didn't work either the work around that I found was doing what I did and it didn't work I saw that post as well, Auto Capitalize Setting is enabled. I am going to check level 18 to see if some sort of strange bug.

DJM
Lost but trying
planet earth
04/23/15 04:51 AM (9 years ago)
I figured it out... really dumb had this android:digits="abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz " needed this: android:digits="abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ "

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/23/15 04:52 AM (9 years ago)
I wouldn't be that hard on yourself. The problem is solved, and the chances of a repeat are pretty small. Nice work. Cheers! -- Smug

DJM
Lost but trying
planet earth
04/23/15 05:25 AM (9 years ago)
I figured it out... really dumb had this android:digits="abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz " needed this: android:digits="abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ "

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.