Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 1    Views: 73

ZutraLife
Code is Art
Reg: May 03, 2012
LA
04/22/15 06:56 PM (9 years ago)

Plugin Request for 3D video player

Hi BT community. I have recently experimented with 3d VR video that is viewable through a smartphone and headset/lens combo. The google cardboard headset is about 25 dollars. As these become more popular, the platform will need more apps. Currently there are a few on the android store via the 'google cardboard' app. A great benefit to the community would be a plugin that offers a video player menu in the 3d environment. BT sourced apps could be standalone 3d VR video players. The UX changes greatly, no longer is the user pressing a video to play it, rather they are looking around at objects in a believable 3d environment and 'locking in' on the play button. I rarely go under the hood on my apps, I googled 'android 3d tutorial' and found possible solutions. Cheers, Kevin

ZutraLife
Code is Art
Reg: May 03, 2012
LA
04/27/15 10:34 AM (9 years ago)
just trying to spark this conversation, anyone tried these VR headsets out?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.