Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 2    Views: 133

mxwoz
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 21, 2013
Australia
07/02/14 03:23 AM (10 years ago)

Make 'App icon' and 'Loading Screens' even easier for beginners

I love how easy BT made developing an app for the first time. But one thing that I stumbled over early on was: missing the step of uploading an app icon to the BT control panel. Even now it feels a bit of a hassle that I have to quickly find an image - any image - before I can test my app on xcode for the first time. So on my wishlist is this: Firstly, a single default App Icon (eg with ZZ or BT logo) for every app you create. You would only need to upload your own icon towards the end of a project, rather than the start. Secondly, the existing 'App icon' screen in the BT control panel could be expanded to include a single default 'loading screen' image that, rather than being black, would also have the BT logo and could be altered from the control panel much later.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
07/02/14 09:31 AM (10 years ago)
If you did not provide an icon, then the default zz icon is used for hour app. I like the idea of the default launch images! Thankfully, both are easy to solve on our own. http://MakeAppIcon.com Xcode allows you to drag and drop your Launch Images. -- Niraj

mxwoz
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 21, 2013
Australia
07/08/14 08:16 PM (10 years ago)
Thank you, Niraj. Sorry, I meant default 'Launch' not 'loading' screens. The ios device range is likely to keep expanding and it's hard to keep up with both the app icon and launch image sizes, so it would be great if this process was automated within buzztouch. (Also maybe a resizing of app icon (to be saved, say, in your images folder) for app store submission?) Regards, MW

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.